Royal Icing Transfer

Decorating By Pagea Updated 26 Jul 2010 , 7:08am by sugarshack

Pagea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pagea Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 4:44am
post #1 of 5

I apologize in advance if this has been asked (I did search first) before. How do you make a royal icing transfer? TIA

4 replies
bmoser24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmoser24 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 5:03am
post #2 of 5

I've not heard of royal icing transfers. Search under buttercream transfers or bc transfer, there are very good instructions.
Blessings~

cookie_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie_fun Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 5:05am
post #3 of 5

Though I have not made a RI transfer, I've made chocolate and BC transfers, and they should in essence be the same.

What I did was mirror image print my picture, taped it to a silicone cutting board (I've heard some people on CC put it on plexiglass so they can see what their final image will look like.) Then I tape wax paper over that. I take the choc or BC and start by tracing the outline in black. Into the freezer it goes for a few minutes. Then you do the next color, back into the freezer, then the next color, layering the picture.
Keep in mind you need to layer your colors backwards as the image on the very bottom is the front of your transfer. When all your picture is done, back into the freezer, and then for the final piece I take the color of the cake frosting and spread a thin layer on the whole picture. Back into the freezer until I'm ready to apply to the frosted cake.

For the chocolate one, I intended it to stand upright, and so I didn't add the layer to the picture. I also added the eyes to the figure on both sides so that from either view of the cake it would appear the character was facing front. I'll try to attach a picture of both BC and chocolate transfers.
LL
LL

Jo-melia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jo-melia Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 6:02am
post #4 of 5
sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 7:08am
post #5 of 5

yes that is it!!

Choc and Bc transfers are done in reverse and the bottom will be the top, but royal transfers are done upside up! LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%