Does This Need A Border On Top?

Decorating By sadie423 Updated 25 Jul 2010 , 4:04am by gscout73

sadie423 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadie423 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 3:20am
post #1 of 5

Here is a cake I am making for a baby shower tomorrow....I can't decide if it needs a border along the top? I was originally going to put a green or brown (or both) border around the top but once I finished I wasn't sure if I wanted one. There is a green one on the bottom.

Since I was originally going to put one, I didn't pay as close attention to the straightness of my line if grass since the bottoms would be covered up....that is the only thing that makes me want to do a border.

Thanks for looking!

4 replies
Bskinne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bskinne Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 3:28am
post #2 of 5

Border will make it look crisper. icon_smile.gif If you don't want it to stand out so much, you could do the border on the top and left in white, on the right in brown, and the bottom in green. I like your little raccoon!

Cindy619 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy619 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 3:33am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Quote:

If you don't want it to stand out so much, you could do the border on the top and left in white, on the right in brown, and the bottom in green.

If you don't mind adding another color to the mix, I would think maybe a blue border at the top. If you are trying to stick to just brown and green I would ditto above, but making it a tiny border. If your edges were super crisp, I'd go without one, but like you said you weren't originally planning on omitting the border icon_smile.gif

BTW - super cute animals!!!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 3:46am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy619

Quote:
Quote:

If you don't want it to stand out so much, you could do the border on the top and left in white, on the right in brown, and the bottom in green.

If you don't mind adding another color to the mix, I would think maybe a blue border at the top. If you are trying to stick to just brown and green I would ditto above, but making it a tiny border. If your edges were super crisp, I'd go without one, but like you said you weren't originally planning on omitting the border icon_smile.gif

BTW - super cute animals!!!

exactly what I was thinking.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 4:04am
post #5 of 5

I suggest a light blue and not brown or green. That area is sky and to make a brown or green or combo border would look odd.

Sandy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%