How Do I Attach A Picture To Buttercream?

Decorating By tatita73 Updated 27 Jul 2010 , 11:16am by Cakepro

tatita73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatita73 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 1:33am
post #1 of 8

I just received a request for a wedding cake but they do not like fondant so they requested buttercream. And they want some pictures of them around one of the tiers. How can I put pictures/printouts on buttercream? icon_cry.gif

7 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 1:49am
post #2 of 8

You simply spritz the buttercream with water and apply the edible images as you would to any other surface.

tatita73 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 2:04am
post #3 of 8

What about the moister of the buttercream? Will the image dissolve on the buttercream? Rice paper will do?

Cakepro Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 2:10am
post #4 of 8

No, the image will not dissolve on buttercream. I've done several hundred edible images on buttercream and have never had an image degrade. Rice paper will work. Just don't heavily spritz the cake with water.

tatita73 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 2:17am
post #5 of 8

Thanks.

Will make a test run tomorrow. Hope I do it right.

Thanks again Cakepro.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 9:57am
post #6 of 8

If the buttercream is not crusted you do not need to spritz it with water. Only if the surface is dry or crusted.

tatita73 Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 10:20am
post #7 of 8

Thanks. I am still waiting for the edible image from my local cake supply store. I live in PR and I have only found 2 stores that print on edible paper. Thanks

Cakepro Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 11:16am
post #8 of 8

I found that crusted or not, if I do not spritz the surface of the buttercream with water, bubbles develop in the edible image as the image adheres unevenly. That's with using your premium frosting sheets, Debbie. Spritzing the surface with water has eliminated that problem for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%