Cake Serving Size Examples Made Of Paper Or Cardstock

Decorating By schwammrs Updated 8 Jun 2016 , 5:43pm by Apti

Tracy7953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy7953 Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 11:53pm
post #31 of 61

I have to add my thanks as well. These are great!!

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 12:48am
post #32 of 61

TTARG!!!!

thanks, those are really good

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 1:15pm
post #33 of 61

I went to the site and was not successful in being able to pull them down. I know part of it is my lack of knowledge in what to do and part of it is lack of knowledge about my computer systems capabilities. But anyway I was wondering if I wrote you a message in your message box and gave you my personal email if you would send them to me that way? I know it is extra work, but would love to try to make some. Thank you so much.

schwammrs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
schwammrs Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 2:22pm
post #34 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwammrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

now to hoodwink you into doing templates too! LOL

If I tell me what "templates" are/do/look like, you might not even have to hoodwink me...

Just take a look at the ones in my photos.

Oh of course! Wow, you've posted such great ideas!! Once this wedding is over, I can maybe do some - I sure would enjoy it. My mom used to have a cake business and I loved the "puzzles" of figuring out how to cut the cake to make all kinds of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules5000

I went to the site and was not successful in being able to pull them down. ... But anyway I was wondering if I wrote you a message in your message box and gave you my personal email if you would send them to me that way? I know it is extra work, but would love to try to make some. Thank you so much.

Sure, Jules, no problem. thumbs_up.gif I had troubles with the mediafire site myself the other day -- I think because my browser was preventing pop-ups. It seems they've added more ads and other junk since I used it a while back -- sorry about that.

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 2:29pm
post #35 of 61

Thanks so much. I don't do many cakes, and only for family, friends, and the occassional for charity, so this will be helpful for my charity cakes!

LorienSkye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LorienSkye Posted 6 Aug 2010 , 5:54am
post #36 of 61

I know I'm late coming in on this post, but thank you thank you THANK YOU! These are such a brilliantly simple idea, but something I never would have thought of icon_smile.gif

Again, a true thank you for contributing your talent to the community!

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 6:35am
post #37 of 61

Wow, genius!! I love it when the cake community comes up with really cool, genuinely unique stuff that we haven't seen anywhere else...HOW clever are YOU?!?! icon_smile.gif

I was wondering if it would be possible to make templates for Australian cake sizes and servings?

For example: 1.5" (w) x 3.5"(h) x 1" (L) and 1.5"(w) x 3.5" (h) x 2"(L)

A lot of the time our mud cakes are not torted and filled, so its just plain cake, with a 1/4" of ganache and a 1/4 - 1/2" of fondant...would it be a huge hassle for yout o make that sort of template, and if it is...could you instead explain how you would go about making that kind of cut out template?

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 12:25pm
post #38 of 61

I can't see either file on the first age. The first one says I need a password or something like that. And the second one says the photo does not exist. Is anybody else having the same problem?

schwammrs Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 12:50pm
post #39 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF144

I can't see either file on the first age. The first one says I need a password or something like that. And the second one says the photo does not exist. Is anybody else having the same problem?

Hmm, this link works for me: http://www.mediafire.com/?8a4iwqv2jba7tqc Is that the one asking you for a password?

And yes, the photo was removed from the gallery - but I can't get back into that message to remove the dead link...

schwammrs Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 12:54pm
post #40 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoir

I was wondering if it would be possible to make templates for Australian cake sizes and servings?

I'm so glad you like them, Evoir. The next couple of days are very busy for me, but I can certainly make up some Aussie sizes once my event on Friday is over. So check back in a few days. icon_biggrin.gif

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 12:59pm
post #41 of 61
Quote:

Quote:

Hmm, this link works for me: http://www.mediafire.com/?8a4iwqv2jba7tqc Is that the one asking you for a password?

And yes, the photo was removed from the gallery - but I can't get back into that message to remove the dead link...

This link worked. Thank you.

I don't see why you can't add a photo under the templates section here on CC. I can never figure out what is acceptable here or not. But this seems very helpful to me.

Love2BakeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Love2BakeCakes Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 1:07pm
post #42 of 61

Thank you for posting. I was able to download and print without a problem.

uniquecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uniquecreations Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 1:24pm
post #43 of 61

This is awesome thanks so much!!!!!!!

CakesIMake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesIMake Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 1:53pm
post #44 of 61

Great idea! Thank you!

NatalieC923 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NatalieC923 Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 2:58pm
post #45 of 61

Just downloaded mine - these are great! Thanks!

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 3:28pm
post #46 of 61
Quote:

I don't see why you can't add a photo under the templates section here on CC. I can never figure out what is acceptable here or not. But this seems very helpful to me.

AMEN SISTER!! SAP! (promise you don't want to know what that means)

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 3:31pm
post #47 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonam

Quote:

AMEN SISTER!! SAP! (promise you don't want to know what that means)

clearly that's a challenge icon_lol.gif
not promising--pm me

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 3:35pm
post #48 of 61

I downloaded mine, THANKS!!!!

BethHansen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethHansen Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 4:23pm
post #49 of 61

These are fabulous! Thanks so much!

Evoir Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 10:00pm
post #50 of 61
Quote:

Quote:

I'm so glad you like them, Evoir. The next couple of days are very busy for me, but I can certainly make up some Aussie sizes once my event on Friday is over. So check back in a few days. icon_biggrin.gif

Yayayayayayayyyy!!

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 10:18pm
post #51 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarFrosted

Great idea! Thanks!

I made some for myself using a giant yellow carwash sponge. Made all 3 sizes out of one sponge and used craft paint for icing and filling. They turned out ok.

Wow...these look almost good enough to eat icon_lol.gif

schwammrs Posted 3 Nov 2010 , 11:29pm
post #52 of 61
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

A lot of the time our mud cakes are not torted and filled, so its just plain cake, with a 1/4" of ganache and a 1/4 - 1/2" of fondant...

Yayayayayayayyyy!!

It occurred to me -- it's not just a different size. Technically, the picture should be different too, since it's not torted, etc. Is this what the inside should look like?

(I'm trying to attach a picture, but not sure if it'll work -- so in case it doesn't, it's just two cakes sitting one right on top of the other, and then I made the white "icing" edge thicker, about 1/2" instead of 1/4"... Yah?)

Evoir Posted 4 Nov 2010 , 1:01am
post #53 of 61

Schwammrs...its just solid cake - one 3.5" high tier, with the ganache and fondant on the outside.

I was hesitant to ask for more than one variation, but the only other type I do with my mud cakes, is two layers with ONE layer of filling in the middle. (much like a regular cake - but just one filling layer).

I feel guilty asking for all this...I am indebted to you. I hope I can repay you one day! At the very least we should get all the Aussies on board here downloading it and crediting YOU!!

kristiemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristiemarie Posted 12 May 2011 , 7:22pm
post #54 of 61

That is awesome. Thanks so much!!!!!!!

caferock05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caferock05 Posted 12 May 2011 , 7:38pm
post #55 of 61

Very cool idea!! thanks for sharing!!

tmgarcia_98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmgarcia_98 Posted 12 May 2011 , 8:20pm
post #56 of 61

Really Cool! Thanks for sharing!

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 20 Mar 2012 , 7:06pm
post #57 of 61

bump

practiceandpatience Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
practiceandpatience Posted 24 Mar 2012 , 11:39pm
post #58 of 61

TOO COOL!!!! THANK YOU!

CookieSue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieSue Posted 28 Jun 2012 , 8:08pm
post #59 of 61

These were shared at our cake club meeting a couple of months ago, and everyone went wild over them! Thank you so much for putting this "visual aid" together for everyone. I've seen your blog, and your multi-level talents seem boundless. I am in awe...

CassidysCakesAn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CassidysCakesAn Posted 11 Sep 2013 , 3:21pm
post #60 of 61

AI know this is old, but I wanted to thank you. These are awesome. I had someone cut me one to paint but they don't know how to measure. It was .75x1.5x4 1/8"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%