How To Make Cupcakes Look Like Icecream Sunday

Baking By Molly2 Updated 24 Jul 2010 , 2:56am by Molly2

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 8

I want to make the jumbo wiltons cupcakes beside just frosting them can anyone tell me how to make them look like an ice cream sunday I guess what I'm asking is I want to chocolate to look as like its rolling down the frosting I hope this makes since

Molly

7 replies
sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 10:15pm
post #2 of 8

Why not use a chocolate syrup over the frosting. Otherwise you can thin your frosting (making it brown of course) enough to drizzle down the side, or just melt some chocolate to do the same. Then use a big star tip and white for the whipped cream (white frosting) in a swirl and a don't forget the red cherry top (tip 12 or modeling fondant).

sounds like fun

tweeter_bug98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweeter_bug98 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 10:33pm
post #3 of 8

I think the Ice Cream Sundae Cupcakes are super cute and I've been wanting to try them too. I seen something like that described on the following website:

http://www.sweetestkitchen.com/2009/10/ice-cream-sundae-cupcakes/

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 10:44pm
post #4 of 8

Ganache works great! (but I always look for any reason to make ganache!!) icon_biggrin.gif

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 10:44pm
post #5 of 8

You could try chocolate ganache. It would need to be soft enough to pour and spread a bit, but cool enough at the same time to not melt your buttercream.

Molly2 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 11:02pm
post #6 of 8

Thank You all for your help I have never worked with ganache but have always wanted to I have a question will the ganache harden after I pour it on my cupcake and do I let it cool before I spoon it on to my cupcake

Molly

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 11:59pm
post #7 of 8

Yes, it will harden, and yes, you can wait a little bit. You might want to wait - but not to long. (maybe an hour) You want it pourable, but run really runny.

Molly2 Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:56am
post #8 of 8

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this I made my cupcakes and used the ganache recipe it was great the only thing is I did wait almost an hour and it started to get hard before I could finish pouring it on top of the cupcakes next time I want wait as long Thank You again everyone

Molly thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%