Disaster Strikes!

Decorating By Jamface Updated 24 Jul 2010 , 1:15am by Doug

Jamface Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jamface Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:17pm
post #1 of 5

Hi, this is my first post on this board, though I've been lurking for a while.

I'm a baker/cupcaker/favour maker rather than a big cake decorator - I'm in awe of some of the talent on here!
Anyway, I thought you might like to hear (read ) my disaster story.....
I was asked by my Husband's colleague & friend to create a cupcake tower for their garden wedding a couple of weeks ago.
It was a pleasure to create and I was really pleased with the result.
We were also invited to the evening party where the cakes were going to be served.
So the day of the wedding my Husband and I went over to set up in the marquee. The lovely waitresses that were there polishing glasses broke off to help me and we were really pleased with how it looked. (Picture attached hopefully!)
Hubby and I popped home to get ready and returned an hour later to find the cakes still looking fab.
So I sat down to relax on the lawn and sip a glass of champagne...
Half an hour later as we waited for the Bride & Groom to arrive I got a tap on my shoulder, it was one of the lovely waitresses 'Erm, can you come and see the cakes... there's a problem'
continued in part 2 - it won't let me do it all in one go!
LL

4 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 12:46am
post #2 of 5

I'd like info on that cupcake tower. Where'd you get it?

Motta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motta Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 12:55am
post #3 of 5

OMG! Where's Part 2??! I'm so curious what happened. That tower IS great and the cupcakes are very elegant.

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 12:58am
post #4 of 5

um, really, intermission time. Must has been serious. Would love to know what happened.

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%