Disclaimer Form

Business By MissCakeCrazy Updated 23 Jul 2010 , 6:19pm by CookieMeister

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 5

I will be doing a wedding cake in October with diamonte pieces as decoration. In the customer order form / invoice i have written 'As the ornaments on the cake are non-edible, please instruct the caterers to remove ALL diamonte pieces before slicing the cake. You will have full responsibility in nofiying the caterers and I will not be liable for any persons choking on them.' I will have this contract signed by the customer. To make double sure, I am also thinking of writing a little disclaimer for the catering manager and have them sign it on the day when I deliver it. I am confused about how to word it and what to write. Anyone any suggestions?
LL

4 replies
Joshua_Alan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joshua_Alan Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:25pm
post #2 of 5

I don't think I'd be specific about what you're not liable for (ie choking). Just specify you're not liable period.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 5

When I dropped off a cake (my D&R's - Drop 'n Runs), I'd leave my little excel drawing (what I called my "stick people cake drawing) on the cake table that showed how many servings I expected them get from each tier. It would be very simple to add a note to something like this advising "Be sure to remove all non-edible pieces from the cake".

MissCakeCrazy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissCakeCrazy Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 3:42pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 6:19pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_Alan

I don't think I'd be specific about what you're not liable for (ie choking). Just specify you're not liable period.

Agreed. Choking isn't the only hazard (also break teeth, cutting the inside of mouth, etc.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%