Looking For Advice On Buying Bakery Equipment.

Business By ArtsyLady Updated 23 Jul 2010 , 5:03am by jsmith

ArtsyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ArtsyLady Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 3:56am
post #1 of 2

My husband and I are about to begin the hunt for things to fill up our shop. I don't really know anything about what are the best brands or where is a good place to buy equipment. Do any of you know any reputable places/sites to go to? We are in the Northwest Georgia area, so anywhere from Chattanooga to Atlanta is a good range for us to drive. We are looking for refrigerated units, ovens, commercial mixers, and display cases. It's a small space so we don't need anything huge. I just really don't want to get ripped off, I guess, so I figured I'd asked the experts. icon_smile.gif And if you guys have any recommendations on other things we might need to make the business run smoothly, please let me know so I can look out for that too. Thanks guys!

1 reply
jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 5:03am
post #2 of 2

Definitely check craigslist and the classifieds in the newspaper. We bought almost everything used. (except for the oven since that's the most important part, I didn't want to take the chance) With the high rate of restaurants that close, there's no point wasting money buying things brand new. Even my garbage cans were used. Those things are so expensive new!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%