My Vent: I Searched, No Answer Found Arrrrrrrrggggggg

Decorating By chellescountrycakes Updated 23 Jul 2010 , 3:45am by cakeflake80

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 7

Okay, at least every 2nd topic I make gets moved. and I HONESTLY think REALLY hard BEFORE I put it anywhere. So, I KNEW where I should put my last question, although to ME it was decorating, I fiqured the powers that be wouldnt see it that way- LOl (dont get me wrong, I mod a few busy boards, I know how hard it is- Kudo's to those who do it)

Anyway, If I put my Question in here I would get answers, I always do- But as SOON as they are moved to recipes, or anywhere else- I am lucky if I get one answer. There are never any discussions, other ideas or opinions.

Its just agervating, as soon I DO post MY question in a differnt forum, I find out that a simmular question is posted in here and left alone. Do I come off as rude or stupid? have I messed up and made someone mad? Or am I just LUCKY? LOL

If so I am sorry- I KNOW that not every question gets an answer- and I know that some questions are asked OVEr and OVER and OVER and folks get tired of answering them. But we all have to admit that the search function SUCKS. It just happens. A differnt board I moderate tells you there are NO posts PERIOD if you search. LOL

I LOVE this place- I have learned SOOO much, and everyone really has been helpful- even about my stupid questions. And I understand the reason for differnt forums. I really do.

6 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 10:09pm
post #2 of 7

The Search Tab is awful, but the search link in the purple area is quite effective.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 11:07pm
post #3 of 7

leah is right .... don't use the search tab. Go to the forums tab and use the search in the purple area.

Here's my explanation on how to search. I never have a problem finding what I need. (page 3, 6th post from the bottom of the page)

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=682417&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=search&&start=30

kitty122000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kitty122000 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 1:29am
post #4 of 7

I go to google, mouse over just to the right of the search bar and click on "advanced search"
put your search criteria in the top box and cakecentral.com on the bottom

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 1:42am
post #5 of 7

Just learned myself that AND or OR has to be capitalized to pick it up, otherwise it looks for any of the words typed. Made a huge difference in my results.

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 2:48am
post #6 of 7

Thanks y'all!!

search is a great function, but sometimes you have such screwy keywords. Like I'm searching out if I can put the first and ten football pan together if I put another 2 inch layer in it (I think its too thin to really look like a football)

So I put in every thing I could think of but the word wilton just brings up ads mostly for wilton. LOL

I'll try what y'all suggested!!

cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 3:45am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

leah is right .... don't use the search tab. Go to the forums tab and use the search in the purple area.

Here's my explanation on how to search. I never have a problem finding what I need. (page 3, 6th post from the bottom of the page)

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=682417&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=search&&start=30

I had such a terrible time searching these forums until I saw this link from indydebi in another post last week. Since I have started using 'and' I have had no problems! Such a relief!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%