10 Piece Fondant Tool Set?

Decorating By Pickulz Updated 22 Jul 2010 , 6:48pm by chellescountrycakes

Pickulz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pickulz Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 4:24pm
post #1 of 6

I usually use my handy dandy pizza cutter for all my fondant accents..hehe..works well...but i was wondering if this is something good to buy....any suggestions?
this is the wilton 10 piece tool set...do hyou have it? like it? love it?

5 replies
mgigglin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgigglin Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 5:56pm
post #2 of 6

Are you referring to the tools in the clear plastic case? I love those! I am a gadget girl, so beisdes having my piza roller in plain and ruffled edge I do use those tools along with anything else I can find! lol!! hope this helps!

Kim

eccl1-12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eccl1-12 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 6

I have these tools also and I love them all except for the little wheel that is for the quilting effect- it has the flat wheel on one end and the wheel with teeth on the other end. I have found that this particular tool gets gummy easily and the wheel stops turning and/or falls out, and then when you take it to the sink to wash, you have to be very careful not to drop it (which is harder than it sounds) or else you have to try fish a tiny white piece of plastic out of the white soap suds, or let your water out and hope that the holes in your drain basket catch it before it goes down the drain. Needless to say at some point I am going to find a replacement for that particular tool, but other than that, I love the set. All the other tools I have tried from it have been great.

Excuse the run-on sentence icon_smile.gif

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 6:41pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccl1-12

I have these tools also and I love them all except for the little wheel that is for the quilting effect- it has the flat wheel on one end and the wheel with teeth on the other end.

I agree completely! I use these tools so much they would have been worth double the price. My next cake purchase will most likely be a quilting tool, though. I've never even been able to get mine to turn properly and so haven't used it enough for it to get gummy icon_rolleyes.gif! Other than that, though, well worth it, especially with a coupon.

hollyml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyml Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 6:45pm
post #5 of 6

I decided it was too expensive to buy, for my first experiments with molding flowers. (Previously I'd just used my hands to mold figures and things like that.) So I went over to the aisle where they have the Fimo and Sculpey stuff, and found a kit of three double-ended tools for ten bucks.

I think I need a better veining tool, if I ever want to do more realistic flowers, but aside from that the clay tools worked beautifully. icon_smile.gif

chellescountrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chellescountrycakes Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 6:48pm
post #6 of 6

I LOVE my 10 peice set- and I got a ruffle cutter and reg cutter (pizza like) by makins in green for clay- they work GREAT!!

aside from sissors its all I really need icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%