Sculpted Decorators Help?

Decorating By step0nmi Updated 22 Jul 2010 , 5:12am by step0nmi

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 2:17am
post #1 of 3

soo..I have someone asking me to do Muno from Yo Gabba Gabba. I found some cute examples here on CC where they did just the head. Well, she wants a rounded head and only needs it for like 25 people.

Do you think sculpting the head I would need 3 layers or 4? and how much is that really shaving off? I've never had to dome a head like this.

Any other simpler ideas on how to make that dome shaped head!? (don't want to use the ball pan cuz that's a 6" cake and I think it would be too skinny of a cake)

Thanks!

2 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 5:04am
post #2 of 3

I think I would take a bundt cake pan, bake two of them, tip them, flat sides to the middle to make a round and then sculpt from there. By the time you were done you'd go from 50 servings to about 30. Start with frozen cakes, put your filling in between the flats, fill up the hole in the middle with STIFF buttercream and then start carving.

Cat.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 5:12am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlharper

I think I would take a bundt cake pan, bake two of them, tip them, flat sides to the middle to make a round and then sculpt from there. By the time you were done you'd go from 50 servings to about 30. Start with frozen cakes, put your filling in between the flats, fill up the hole in the middle with STIFF buttercream and then start carving.

Cat.

the bundt pan is a great idea! actually, this is for the top of the head...so flat on the bottom and rounded on top. icon_lol.gif but I like where you went with that!

thanks! I will have to see who has a bunt pan icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%