Charleston Sc

Lounge By Cakey1865 Updated 24 Jul 2010 , 5:07pm by anxietyattack

Cakey1865 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakey1865 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 2:03am
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone,
I am in Charleston Sc on vacation, it was a very spontanious vacation so I didnt have time to do this ahead of time so now I am asking, is there any cake decorating supply stores in this area? or any bakeries that I just have to visit?
Thanks so much,
Jodi

4 replies
JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 2:07am
post #2 of 5

Everyone raves about Cupcake in Charleston, I think it's on King Street...

The Coconut Cake at Penninsula Grill is TO DIE FOR! :] But a slice is 10 bucks, kinda expensive. icon_razz.gif

I'm not sure about supply stores although it seems like they should have one down there!

Sorry I can't help more! I love Charleston though, have you been before?

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 3:55am
post #3 of 5

I went to "Baked" (bakery)when I was there but I can't remember what street it is on right now icon_cry.gif

And I can actually say the coconut cake at Peninsula restaurant was worth every cent of the 10$. My friend and I actually took a picture of it before we savored every last bite icon_biggrin.gif

Have fun, beautiful place! Oh and I didn't see any cake supply stores while I was there icon_sad.gif

Cakey1865 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakey1865 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 12:20pm
post #4 of 5

I will definatly check out both places but I sure was hopiing for a cake supply place since the only ones we have at home is hobby lobby and micheals..
Thanks ladies

anxietyattack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anxietyattack Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 5:07pm
post #5 of 5

I had the same situation not too long ago and what I did was call a few small bakeries and tell them I'm from out of town and ask if they know of any stores you can visit.

HTH icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%