Satin Ice Problems / My Solution

Decorating By sftbalmom Updated 21 Jul 2010 , 4:49am by sweetcakes

sftbalmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sftbalmom Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone, I have spent some time reading about the problems we have all been having with SI fondant. I was so frusterated after spending about 2 1/2 hours trying to cover a 6 in square cake dummy. The fondant was trearing ripping ect, all the stuff I have been reading other CC members complaing about.

So to make a long story short I emailed the company and explained the issues and in less than 5 hours they got back too me asked a couple of questions ( where purchased, batch number ect) they repsonded to my email stating that this batch number was one that was undermixed and they will send me a new one plus a free 2lb pain to new butercream fondant. I thought this was a great way for them to conduct businness.

I just wanted to share this with all the CC users who have had the same problems. I will just keep my fingers crossed that this batch will be better.
Smiles

4 replies
Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 11:26pm
post #2 of 5

I think they need to recall these batches and get it off the shelves of their distributors. They should have done this long ago and not keep shipping it out. Then us the consumers/cakers have to put up with their inferior product and once we open the bucket and start covering our cakes it is a litttle late.

The product isn't cheap and by the time you add this to all of our expenses and then add the time we spent with this fondant that is causing us hours of grief and ruining our cakes it's not acceptable. Each person that has run into problems should not have to call or write to SI - they should have owned up to this error long ago.

Don't mean to offend anyone - just my feelings and opinion.

sftbalmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sftbalmom Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 1:57am
post #3 of 5

I agree with you completly, but I am just happy that my 20lb bucket will be replaced. LIke you said its not cheap.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 2:10am
post #4 of 5

Yep, they're a very responsive/responsible company.

If you haven't chucked the undermixed bucket, you can knead it with some Wilton--50/50--and you'll get a workable, good tasting product.

HTH
Rae

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 4:49am
post #5 of 5

Do you remember what the batch number is? i just bought a 20lb pail but haven't opened it yet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%