Question About Wasc

Baking By SugarBair Updated 21 Jul 2010 , 5:08am by SugarBair

SugarBair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBair Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:53pm
post #1 of 7

Good Morning! I made some WASC batter this morning (for the first time) and it turned out REALLY thick, almost cookie thick. I was wondering if this is normal? I looked for this question on the forum seach before I asked, and couldn't find it. Sorry if I missed it and am being repetitive! Also, I live a little above 7,000 feet, and I have to add about 1/4 a cup of flour to all my batters, for them to level out. Thanks in advance for any help! thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 7

No, your batter should definitely not be as thick as cookie dough. Try again! icon_smile.gif

KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:30pm
post #3 of 7

I also live at high altitude, and have never added extra flour to the wasc recipe. Hope things go well!

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:31pm
post #4 of 7

can you tell us the exact recipe and measurements you used? Sounds like you left out some of the liquid.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:48pm
post #5 of 7

There are several versions of WASC cakes. Please tell us *exactly* which one you used.
You have to have forgotten somethingicon_smile.gif Either the liquid or sour cream; or even maybe the eggs?

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 5:22pm
post #6 of 7

I agree with the pp's on leaving something out. Also want to say that I prefer kakeladi's original WASC recipe over the others that I've tried. It wasn't too moist or "wet" like some of the others.

SugarBair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBair Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 5:08am
post #7 of 7

You all are absolutely right!!! Duh.... I left out the water!! Eeekk! Rookie mistake! Ha ha! But..... I did add it, at the end and it turned out really well!! This was my first post and you all have been so sweet, to help me out, even though I should've double checked the recipe first! Thanks everyone!!! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%