Fabulous Cakes--Double Sided Pizza Cutter...i Need This!!!

Decorating By cakeflake80 Updated 20 Jul 2010 , 6:21pm by cakeflake80

cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:11am
post #1 of 14

I caught the end of Fabulous Cakes tonight and they were using a double sided pizza cutter to cut fondant. One side cut a straight edge, the other did a wavy edge. I have a cutting tool from Wilton but it's plastic and kind of cheap. I recently started using a pizza cutter to cut my fondant, but I have never seen one with a wavy pattern!! Did anybody see this episode....and if so, where can I find this??? I have been searching online for 20 minutes and can't find anything.

13 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:21am
post #2 of 14

Do you mean a pastry wheel? http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=12950950

I got one at Target, but I've seen them at Walmart too.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:22am
post #3 of 14

That's a pastry wheel or pie wheel, I have a small one but it's not as sharp as my real pizza cutter so I don't use it often. You can find them sometimes at Ross or TJ max but you may check bed bath and beyond as well.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:32am
post #4 of 14

Mine is as sharp as the pizza cutter.

A baker's blade is a useful tool to have too.

cakeflake80 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:51am
post #5 of 14

It was very similar, but the wheels were larger like those on a regular sized pizza cutter. I am guessing it was just a larger sized pastry wheel. That's probably why I couldn't find it....she called it a pizza cutter (I think....it's late and I am tired!!) so I was searching for that! Thanks...I'll search for pastry wheels in different sizes!

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 6:36am
post #6 of 14

Target also sells them.

Bfisher2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bfisher2 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 6:58am
post #7 of 14

fat daddio's sells them....icon_smile.gif

aprilblack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilblack Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 10:40am
post #8 of 14

I have one and purchased it from TJ Maxx I recall for under $6.. just check in the regular kitchen gadget section rather than the cake!

Rusti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rusti Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:37pm
post #9 of 14

Did you also hear the mentioned how much the cake they did for Terry Fator cost? $15,000. At least they are starting to mention the cost. icon_smile.gif

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:51pm
post #10 of 14

Fiskers (I think that is the brand) sells paper cutting wheels at most craft stores (check the scrapbooking section), it has interchangable wheels to cut straight or a variety of patterns. Not too expensive and good quality metal.

wifey2kevin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wifey2kevin Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 5:14pm
post #11 of 14

i JUST saw this at michaels yesterday. it was wilton brand and i think is was $8 and some change.

wifey2kevin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wifey2kevin Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 5:15pm
post #12 of 14
CrumblesConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrumblesConfections Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 6:08pm
post #13 of 14

I was trying to watch the episode but my DH was getting restless because he's not into caking. In the end I had to DVR it, so I guess I'll catch it tonight.

cakeflake80 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 6:21pm
post #14 of 14

Thanks so much for all of the info! It's funny, I was at Michael's and Target yesterday....and right down the street from a TJ Maxx!! Oh well....I'll make another trip today or tomorrow!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%