Decorated Tiramusu!? Help!

Decorating By Yum2010 Updated 22 Jul 2010 , 3:04am by Yum2010

Yum2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yum2010 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:44am
post #1 of 9

Ok, so a client called today to order a cake for a wedding shower. They want a decorated cake (double tiered, new orleans theme,blah, blah, blah) So I'm getting excited about the design, but then they say they would like one of the tiers to be a cake that tastes like tiramusu if possible.

I said I would try to come up with something but wouldn't make any promises because I've never made a tiramusu cake before. They understood and gave an alternate request if the tiramusu wasn't possible.

I saw that they do have a tiramusu cake listed in the recipes of CC! Gotta love this site!! Has anyone ever tried this? and what frosting would you use with this recipe that would be decorating friendly???!

Any help would be greatly apprciated!

8 replies
matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:05am
post #2 of 9

First, Make it the top tier so it doesn't have anything on top of it.

Then, a simple yellow cake would be nice. I would torte the two layers and sprinkle with the liquor of your choice for the tiramisu. Then I would fill the layers with an espresso ( strong) flavored BC, a mascarpone filling. and a zabaglione.

Almost traditional. Definitely the flavor. However, the cake will retain its structure rather than be more like a custard soaked mess.

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 4:52am
post #3 of 9

I'm on my phone so I don't have the link handy but there is a gourmet flavors thread that has a tiramasu cake recipe. If you google 'gourmet flavors cakecentral' it should find the thread.

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 6:50am
post #4 of 9

This cake is easy - white cake split into three (two white layers then one coffee layer) then fill with two layers of cream cheese frosting (sturdier and more economical than marscapone but marscapone should work ok too) You can change things up to include kahlua or omit it - tastes AWESOME - people just LOVE this cake whenever I make it - seriously it's greaticon_smile.gif

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Tiramisu-Layer-Cake/Detail.aspx

Yum2010 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 9:24am
post #5 of 9

Thanks soooo much!! I will be experminting this week with all of these recipes. Did I say how much I love this site!!

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 10:57am
post #6 of 9

I second that allrecipes.com recipe. I made it last year for our office Christmas party and everyone went nuts over it!

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 11:01am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmysmoother

This cake is easy - white cake split into three (two white layers then one coffee layer) then fill with two layers of cream cheese frosting (sturdier and more economical than marscapone but marscapone should work ok too) You can change things up to include kahlua or omit it - tastes AWESOME - people just LOVE this cake whenever I make it - seriously it's greaticon_smile.gif

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Tiramisu-Layer-Cake/Detail.aspx

I have actually made this cake before and it is AWESOME!!!!

Yum2010 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 2:25am
post #8 of 9

Ok guys! I just made a "trial run" cake using the allrecipe.com one. I smells delish. It's a little moist and unstable so i will be changing it up a bit to make more decorating friendly. I'll probably stiffin' up the filling a bit and use a cream cheese buttercream that crusts instead of the frosting instructions listed in the recipe. Can't wait to taste it tomorrow!! Thanks everyone!!

Yum2010 Posted 22 Jul 2010 , 3:04am
post #9 of 9

Cake is DELISH!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!! Think I will be adding it to my menu!! So easy, yet tastes so fancy!! Thanks everyone!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%