Would You Still Give This Cake As Gift????

Decorating By Peridot Updated 25 Jul 2010 , 4:00am by tesso

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 10:02pm
post #31 of 38

That is an amazing cake--I would love to have something like this from a friend!

yummycakesnmore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummycakesnmore Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 3:23pm
post #32 of 38

The cake is Beautiful, I don't see anything wrong!!!!! I love it....

kimmisue2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmisue2009 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 3:33pm
post #33 of 38

It's beautiful. Not even a question. Give it to her now.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 9:35pm
post #34 of 38

Remember...it's not supposed to be about the cake...It's supposed to be the thought that you wanted to do something nice for you friend. The cake is lovely...give the gift you made for your friend...don't announce the negative things about the cake...just let her enjoy it...I would bet money...she won't even notice.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 2:11am
post #35 of 38

Well I liked it... I added it to my favorites when you posted it.

saapena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saapena Posted 24 Jul 2010 , 10:33pm
post #36 of 38

I am so glad you gave her the cake--it is BEAUTIFUL. I wish all my cakes looked like your cake--I can dream, ya know. icon_rolleyes.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 1:35am
post #37 of 38

As you found out, cake civilians think anything you do is beautiful because they can't do it.

I always have a problem with people who claim to "strive for perfection". As far as I'm aware, there was only one "perfect" person. It was ... oh heck, what's his name? .... I always forget it ..... you know, that one guy? ..... they made a movie about him ......

Oh Yeah!!! JESUS CHRIST! And you know what? I ain't Him!! icon_biggrin.gif

I strive to make a great looking cake. Of course I want it to look as nice as possible, but even God makes an imperfect flower now and then! thumbs_up.gif

Enjoy the process; enjoy the creativity; enjoy the appreciation of your friends when you give of yourself to help celebrate their special event. thumbs_up.gif

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 25 Jul 2010 , 4:00am
post #38 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty122000

In the pic the grease stains look like shading to me, maybe you could brush on some dark blue luster dust to shade them all to look more uniform?

It really doesn't look that bad at all. I'd still serve it!

I was thinking the same thing.. if it is bothering you that much. The cake is beautiful bythe way.

And a hint for you. Get some everclear, and spray your fondant, where you need to quilt, as you go. THe everclear makes the area wet for indenting but dries within 15-30 seconds. and leaves NO residue or discoloration. thumbs_up.gif That is how I did my sister wedding cake. VERY dark blue fondant with quilted pattern.
'
I am glad you gave her the cake !!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%