Customer Thank You - I Am So Lucky!

Decorating By cheriej Updated 20 Jul 2010 , 2:07am by Loucinda

cheriej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheriej Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 1:29am
post #1 of 4

A few weeks back, I had a friend I was going to make a 3 tier cake for her birthday and her friend who had cancer. It was a free cake so I could practice and it was going to be a cake for 60 people. Well, the friend died three days before the party! I offered to rework the cake for the now "memorial party". I'm not an experienced decorator - I'm more of an experienced baker. But I did the best I could. It was a WASC sheet cake in my photos with a fondant mat impression covering (my first fondant).

Today I received the following in the mail from the widow. I can't do this justice so I will simply type what she handwrote to me:

Dear Michelle,
From my deal friends April and Greg, I learned that the incredible cake we had at their place in memory of my dear husband was the result of your creativity, your hard work, your handiwork. There were about 50 people at the gathering and when the night ended, very few pieces of cake remained and I got to take them home!

All of your beautiful and delicious touches - the embedded fresh roses in the flawless frosting, the fantastic fruit filling, that amazing cake board - just wowed everyone who saw and ate your awesome cake. For the entire family and our many friends who attended to celebrate their memories of my beloved and precious husband, it is my pleasure to convey our heartfelt thanks, kudos, and blessings to you. In deepest gratitude and appreciation, Julie Meredith

I am still crying from receiving such a note from someone who just lost her husband and he wasn't even 60.

3 replies
anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 1:44am
post #2 of 4

That is wonderful. I am glad you shared the story; your thoughtfulness clearly impacted the family!

BeckyRVT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeckyRVT Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 1:45am
post #3 of 4

It is sometimes the little things that we do that means the most to other people. Your cake was beautiful. Great job!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:07am
post #4 of 4

That is a beautiful heartfelt thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%