Cookie Cake Anybody?

Baking By yamber82 Updated 21 Jul 2010 , 2:28am by Cindy619

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 12:39am
post #1 of 8

i want to make one of these for this saturday. do i just make a big fat cookie? or is there a different recipe for a cookie cake and how do i get it to bake evenly so it's not super crispy on the edges and soft in the middle?

7 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:00am
post #2 of 8

I am assuming you mean something like a 12" round large cookie (may be a different size, just using it for an example) I cook mine in my cake pans. I don't have any issue with the edges not baking properly. And i use my standard cookie recipe (whatever cookie type it may be)

This cookie cake is one example. I made multiple cookies and then stacked them with buttercream in between and then decorated like a cake. But I have done just one layer also and then decorated just the top.
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=959723

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:15am
post #3 of 8

I make the Toll House recipe with butter, and line a 12" cake pan with parchment and then spread the whole batch in there...then bake between 330-350 degrees until its light brown and a toothpick comes out clean.

Its always baked level and chewy and yummy for me.

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:31am
post #4 of 8

0mg what a great idea! my hubby would kill for a layered cookie cake like that lol. i may do that for his birthday ;p

i am going to use the toll house recipe as well. thanks for the tips ladies!

if i do a 12in, how many recipes do i make? and how thick does it end up? i want it kinda thick like the regular ones from the bakery. i just bought enough ing for 2 batches. is that enough?

Paige_Pittman86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paige_Pittman86 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:42am
post #5 of 8

I haven't read comments so if it's answered already sorry. But I made one the other day and just took premaid cookie dough and put it in a pan and flattened it and baked it into a cookie cake.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:55am
post #6 of 8

I think two different things are being discussed here. Some people are talking about a single pizza-sized cookie, and others are talking about a layered "cake" with cookies for the layers. Both are great!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 8:52pm
post #7 of 8

When I make these I flatten the dough out in the pan to about a half inch to the pan. That way when baking it will bake out to the edge rather than up and causing a lip.

Cindy619 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy619 Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 2:28am
post #8 of 8

I also use the Toll house recipe listed right on the package of Nestle Chocolate Chips - its the "pan variation". Turns out really good!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%