Decorating By Sparklekat6 Updated 20 Jul 2010 , 2:38am by 7yyrt

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 12:21am
post #31 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

Once when I had a birthday cake for a large gathering of family, an uncle jabbed his finger knuckle deep right in the middle of the cake.

Being family, I felt no shyness; and took a knife, marked out his piece in the icing proclaiming loudly
"I see Uncle ___ has marked the piece he wants!" Aunt ___ gave him a good talking to about that.

Geez people - it's food keep your fingers out!

Taking a survey here ..... do you find it's mostly men or women who do this?

I find that women will "touch" it. Men will shove their whole freakin' finger in it!! icon_mad.gif

not 100% certain, but its sounding like it.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 12:23am
post #32 of 40

OK, I just told hubby what I asked in my survyey question and what MY observations were and he made a dirty comment about why men "poke" and women just "touch".

He is pitiful. No doubt about it. Just plain pitiful! icon_lol.gif

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 12:27am
post #33 of 40

Indydebi- My DH and yours have to be related, mine just said something very similar! One track minds!

Anyway, back to the survey, at the party I mentioned that my CC were at it was mostly the men who were picking them up and looking at them, the women at least read the sheet with the flavors listed before they touched them. HA!

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 12:28am
post #34 of 40
Quote:

OK, I just told hubby what I asked in my survyey question and what MY observations were and he made a dirty comment about why men "poke" and women just "touch".

He is pitiful. No doubt about it. Just plain pitiful! icon_lol.gif

lol that settles it, its genetic lol (or is that generic? *giggles*)

PiccoloChellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PiccoloChellie Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 12:36am
post #35 of 40

Had this happen to my first wedding cake - by the DJ! He was contemplating whether the cake should be moved to the center of the room for the cutting, and before I could say anything he said "I mean, we can move this, right?"

And as he was talking, it was like slow-mo I swear!, his hand was going straight to the bottom tier of the cake, and he attempted to pick the cake up by the bottom tier like you might pick up a pizza box. His thumb went knuckle-deep into the cake and all I could do was stand there in horror as he ran away. I don't know if he ran out of humiliation or in fear that I would drive a spatula through his liver.

Fortunately I'd packed a well stocked repair kit and managed to fix the worst of the damage. That side of the cake became the back. icon_rolleyes.gif

VeronicaLuis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VeronicaLuis Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 12:52am
post #36 of 40

I've had that happen to. It was the lego cake on my pictures and the lady who picked it up, the birthday boys mum, the person paying for the cake stood there in my kitchen looking at the cake and then suddenly she stuck her finger in it. Then the comment was "oops shouldn't have done that, you can fix it though right." I was foaming at the mouth. I had the same thoughts going through my head "why...why do you feel the need to poke your finger in it ... what on earth possessed you"

chikadodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chikadodle Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 1:26am
post #37 of 40

Oh, the cake touchers drive me nuts! I delivered a first birthday cake this weekend (circus cake in my photos) which had 10 inch dowels going from the 8" tier up to support the big top. After I finished setting it up, the grandmother came over and yanked on the dowels to see how secure it was! I felt my stomach drop when I saw her! If nothing else, at least it proved my support was sturdy!

I expected the kids to be manhandling the cake -- certainly not grandma!

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 1:56am
post #38 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

ha ha ha ha ha!! You know you're right?? I was just trying to find the picture here on CC (which of course I cannot find now) icon_cry.gif but the gal had done this fabulous cake and won a competition with it. She had pix posted here on CC and that's what I was looking for. Well in her comments, she mentioned that a competitor STOLE the finished product!! Yes, she went to pick it up from the competition and it was already gone! icon_confused.gif If anyone remembers this (just a few months ago) I'm dying to find out how that ended. (And yes, I'd be breaking more that fingers there too!) icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

No...really?! I'm icon_eek.gif appalled at human behavior sometimes!

I know, I remember saving the picture but I have 91 pages of saved pix! icon_confused.gificon_lol.gif so I'm having some trouble locating it! icon_biggrin.gif

Wasn't it the mouse with the teacup? I can't remember exactly which cake but I remember a story about a member who was missing a member of her mouse family from her competition cake.

Joyfull4444 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joyfull4444 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:25am
post #39 of 40
Quote:

Taking a survey here ..... do you find it's mostly men or women who do this?

I find that women will "touch" it. Men will shove their whole freakin' finger in it!! icon_mad.gif

Men! My vote is men over women 99% of the time. My DH has a bad habit of poking, but even worse, "double spooning". I can have something going on the stove for dinner, he'll waltz in going mmm, what smells so good? then grab a spoon for a taste. No problem with that, but if I don't watch him the sneaky bugger, he'll try to put the spoon back into the food for another taste! That drives me nuts! I tell him a gazillion times if he wants more, then wash the damn spoon first!

DH has it in his mind that it's okay because its just for us, or family thats visiting, so doesn't get why I always get so mad. But I'm of another school on that. Call me crazy if you want, but if I see double spooning or double dipping, I will not eat the food its been done to.

And.. Another men vote, but these are little men. My two youngest grandsons are guilty of the trying to poke the cake syndrome sometimes. Especially the youngest grandson, & especially if its chocolate cake with chocolate icing.
Grandma always has to be the big ol meany and say uh uh! no way, thats not allowed!

My granddaughter on the other hand, will just look at the cake and go, ooh, Grandma, that looks sooo good!!

She's sucha sweety! icon_biggrin.gif

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:38am
post #40 of 40

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%