Champange Bottle

Decorating By linda26 Updated 20 Jul 2010 , 2:55pm by linda26

linda26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linda26 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 5

hi was wanting to no if any one had made a champange bottle standing up, what size cakes would a i need and would it just stnad on its own, or if any one knows a site that could help me thanks icon_smile.gif

4 replies
hollys_hobby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollys_hobby Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 7:41pm
post #2 of 5

just depends on how big you want it. I watced an episode of Ace of Cakes last night, and he made a pretty large one. He mounted a metal pole to a board and slid each cake over it. I would guess his cakes were 8" rounds, he had cardboard every 2 layers, and then hand carved the shape of the bottle neck. I think he probably had 15 or 16 layers. It was huge!
You could do 4" rounds and maybe stack about 6 or 7 high, you would still want a center support, and cake boards between every 2 layers. HTH

Bskinne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bskinne Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 7:46pm
post #3 of 5

Depends on how many you need to serve....
I did a boot before (in my gallery), which is along the same principles....I"m fairly new at all this so maybe what I learned will help you.
Once you figure out how many people you need to serve, that can help you decide what cakes to use. Basically, I took a 8" square, filled it and torted it, then cut into equal fourths. I stacked those fourths, using cardboard and dowels at every 4". I also put a dowel through the whole thing. Once it is stacked to your height, you can freeze it until it is hard enough to shape, then round the edges to make the bottle. The neck is the same premise, you can just take another fourth of a 8" and cut it into fourths and stack to make a skinnier top. I hope that makes sense. Then you can cover or ice after it is shaped. You could choose to do a larger bottle by making larger square cakes or you can put that on top of a cake if you need additional servings. I don't know if this is a proper way to do this, but it is my newbie guess.....

Bskinne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bskinne Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 7:48pm
post #4 of 5

One other note...make sure you put the cake on a thick base, such as foam board, so the dowel will go through that. Tall and skinny needs a lot of support....

linda26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linda26 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:55pm
post #5 of 5

thanks every one think al just do it samll as its just for the party really not to eat haha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%