Priest Retirement Party

Decorating By jennbrownrigg Updated 23 Jul 2010 , 7:36am by zespri

jennbrownrigg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennbrownrigg Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 6

My mil has asked me to do a cake for their priests retirement dinner and I am at a total loss...Please help!

5 replies
All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 5:45pm
post #2 of 6

How much time do you have? If you want a religious theme, House on the Hill has tons of religiously themed solid cookie cutters. I have pressed them into fondant and dusted them with pearl dust. See the white wedding monogram heart ona couple of my cake. They have several saints and several religious events.

krazyb5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krazyb5 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 6:05pm
post #3 of 6

I had to make a couple of cakes for my church priest retirement party this spring I have them posted in CC, I hope they help

djoyce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djoyce Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 7:49pm
post #4 of 6

You also might search for confirmation or first communion cakes as there are tons of religious ideas here in Cake Central. You could do an open or closed Bible with a gumpaste rosary. There were graduation cakes that are book shaped that might spark an idea too. (I did one) Maybe a cross and chalice?

Good luck!

sweettoothmom1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom1 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 8:19pm
post #5 of 6

Here is the link for one i did for a priest's 70th Birthday. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1468008

I made him out of sugar then I used a hexagon cake, each side had some of his accomplishments and fish and loaves of bread, etc. it was a hit!

zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 23 Jul 2010 , 7:36am
post #6 of 6

it would be nice to incorporate a bit of the priests personality. For example, if he likes gardening, a simple cake with a fondant figurine of a priest sitting on a park bench surrounded by flowers. Or something else to represent the things he might now do with his time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%