Struggling With Recipe For Giant Cupcake

Baking By emztweetie Updated 19 Jul 2010 , 3:41pm by mamawrobin

emztweetie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emztweetie Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 3:31pm
post #1 of 2

Hey guys,
I really REALLY need some help. Im making a giant cupcake for a girls 21st... the recipes i have previously used (red velvet) were perfect, but this girl wants chocolate, so i have now tried 3 times with the wilton chocolate pound cake recipe, and all three times, my cake has been SO tasty, and very fluffy, but so much so that it just crumbles when i try to get it out of the tin!
Its just falling apart.
I have 2 DAYS to sort this now, make the cake AND ice it, and im beginning to worry a little now. I need a chocolate cake recipe that will hold in the Wilton Cupcake case! Any ideas??? Im struggling!!! Thanks guys

1 reply
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 3:41pm
post #2 of 2

I used the Durable 3D/Wedding Cake recipe found here in the 'most saved' recipes. I've made 6 of them so far and each time they came out perfect.

I only have to trim a very small amount of the top of each side for them to fit together perfectly. The recipe makes the perfect amount of batter for the pan. Some have said that the pan doesn't cook evenly but I didn't have that problem. Made it 6 times it came out perfect 6 times.

Be sure to spray your pan very well with BakersJoy or use homeade pan grease. I use homeade pan grease and the cake didn't stick at all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%