Summer Fun Cake Making With Tons Of "?"!!!

Decorating By jaycieellen Updated 19 Jul 2010 , 3:35pm by TexasSugar

jaycieellen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaycieellen Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 5:41am
post #1 of 5

Me and my friend love being productive during the summer!(: (in fun ways!) this is probably going to be hard but I need to know what to do. We are making our friends little sister a cake for her birthday, we decided to make her because she is all about herself! anyways, she is african american so im assuming you would use chocolate cake for that..(not being racist!) I need to know ASAP! We are makeing the cake next week so i need to know what kind of tools to get and also what recipe for the cake (try to be easy) and it is going to be laying flat since we are begineers we dont want to get too ahead of ourselves.. please reply to this post! We need as much help as we can get!(: Thank you too! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 6:26am
post #2 of 5

Ok, first of all, I'd find a way to ask her what her favorite cake flavor is. My daughter really doesn't like chocolate so making that for her would be a huge mistake. But my other daughter LOVES chocolate so it would be perfect for her.

IF she does love chocolate then go to Hershey website and look for their perfect chocolate cake recipe and use the buttercream recipe as well. It's an easy winner!

Cat

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 6:34am
post #3 of 5

why would the cake need to be chocolate? are you decorating the cake in her portriat then it doesnt matter the flavor/color of the cake.
unless of course her fav cake is chocolate.
how are you decorating the cake? that may help in deciding what tools you will need.

jaycieellen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaycieellen Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 7:38am
post #4 of 5

To answer both of yalls questions, yes her favorite flavor is chocolate.

Cat: thank you for the recipe! it sounds perfect!

Aundrea: we were thinking of doing the whole body it would be kind of a hard carving but we both are very good at carving, we were going to have here wearing a dress and it isnt going to be very large but a medium size. again, we are amatuers so we are guessing at everything!

thank you both for the replies! You both had very good information!(: thanks again!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 5

I had someone ask me to do a cake for her husband once. I had never met her as she was a friend of my brother's, wife's daugther. And she wanted a bikini cake. We wew emailing back and forth, and she kept telling me she wanted chocolate and I was like I'll do chocolate cake, then I'll do the icing flesh tone. In the next email she said she wanted it chocolate. I was like okay, I got that, well after the third email, I said something to my brother about it and he informed me that she wasn't white. It was like OH! No wonder she kept telling me she wanted it chocolate. And then I figured she probably thought I was very dense for replying back the same way everytime.

So I'm guessing you are asking about a body/bikini cake since you said wanted it to be like 'her'? If that is the cake, then yes just use chocolate icing for it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%