Photo Session.

Business By fsinger84 Updated 19 Jul 2010 , 5:54pm by minicuppie

fsinger84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fsinger84 Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 7

Hi all!

Tuesday I am getting my products professionally photographed for our facebook page and website. I sell cupcakes in various sizes by custom order with custom decorations etc. I have been looking at various other cupcake business websites and I have already met with my photographer to go over the set up etc. I just have a few things I could use some feedback on.

I use color liners for all my orders like in the photos below I am thinking that you cant really see the cake flavor inside unless I use white liners for the cupcakes. Should I switch to white liners even though that isn't what the orders actually come in?

I was also wondering how many flavors I should show in the photos? I have already decided to take more gallery style photos and not photos of each flavor since I do special orders I have a long list of flavors people can order from and cant really bake each one just for photos. I was thinking vanilla, chocolate, and red velvet since the tops can be changed to look like many flavors easily.

Thanks so much for any advice you can provide!!!

Ps. My photographer is adding the watermark, no stolen photos for me!
LL
LL

6 replies
Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 1:38am
post #2 of 7

I say stick with the color liners- you want to show that you are different from the grocery store bakery.
I would show as many flavors as you can.
Even though you have a list, sometimes people are too lazy to read

myslady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myslady Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 3:05am
post #3 of 7

Stick with the colored liners. It doesn't matter what the flavors are as you can't taste the photos.

The purpose of the photos is to show the quality of work.

laurenboxall Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurenboxall Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 4:01am
post #4 of 7

I agree, stick with the coloured liners - but maybe have some shots of the cupcakes cut in half at the end if you want to showcase the flavours

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 1:57pm
post #5 of 7

I vote for the colored liners and if at all possible try to maintain continuity and have them all the same color. If that looks crappy, try to use liners that repeat the signature colors from the site. IMO.

btrsktch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
btrsktch Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 5:00pm
post #6 of 7

I'm a fellow cupcake shop owner, and I think you should limit your options to increase your profit. Offer only ONE style of liners and make that your signature. The Ateco liners you are using are almost 30% more in cost of the basic white liners. Your flavor options and designs are going to make you stand out and be different. I'd strongly suggest you increase the focus of the rest of your branding (i.e. boxes, inserts, ribbon, labels & bags). THOSE are what people are going to notice alot more than a cupcake liner. JMHO

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 5:54pm
post #7 of 7

Good point.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%