Strawberry Filling

Baking By joannge Updated 20 Jul 2010 , 7:11pm by pajnpis

joannge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joannge Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 4:18pm
post #1 of 7

I need a recipe for a strawberry filling. I'd like it thick and creamy, maybe a mousse? Simple would be great icon_wink.gif It's for an outdoor party and I would like the cake to sit out for a little while before we cut it. Thanks!

6 replies
mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 4:27pm
post #2 of 7

I whip up Pastry Pride, then use a potato masher to crush some strawberries so there are chunks & juice, mix them together & you have a nice thick strawberry mousse. It would be ok to sit for a couple hours. I have also added strawberry syrup (Torani or Hershey's) for an extra strawberry flavor. Very good, tastes like strawberry ice cream.

KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 4:33pm
post #3 of 7

I sometimes just add high quality strawberry jam to my buttercream icing and use as filling, but the Pastry Pride with fresh strawberries sounds awesome. Sounds fantastic!

heycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heycake Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 6:00pm
post #4 of 7

I added some of my homemade strawberry freezer jam to some indydebi's buttercream and it was delicious. Even better than I thought it would be. My sister in law asked me to make her a cake and use that filling as the frosting over the whole cake.

joannge Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 6:28pm
post #5 of 7

Where do you buy Pastry Pride?

joannge Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 7:02pm
post #6 of 7

Can you sugar the strwberry or is that too much juice? Too sweet?

pajnpis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pajnpis Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 7:11pm
post #7 of 7

I had mine out for less than an hour so i don't know if it will be good in the heat but i whip up some whipping cream along with powder sugar...1 tablespoon; if strawberry are too tart then you add more powder sugar.. then just fold in the strawberry that i cut... my family loves it....for the cake, i did the chocolate version of WASC

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%