Martha Stewart Cartridges For The Cricut Cake...

Decorating By chefjulie Updated 27 Jul 2010 , 12:50am by claribelcakes

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 2:46am
post #1 of 18

Are there any topics on this already?? I did a quick search and didnt see anything! I'm thinking about ordering them on HSN, but haven't really heard anything about them...

17 replies
iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 2:55am
post #2 of 18

Hi
Apparently Cricut has teamed up with Martha Stewart, and not only will there be Martha Stewart cake cartridges, but also an all white Martha Stewart Cricut Cake Machine. It is making its debut on HSN Monday at midnight.(you know, Sunday into Monday when they launch their Special for the day). I have the red Cricut Cake, and boy will I be mad if they have made changes already! I also think it may be a way to get more people interested in the Cake machine. Personally, I am NOT a fan of Martha Stewart, so I probably would not have ordered the red machine if her name was attached to it. Can I go throw up now?

cs_confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cs_confections Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 2:56am
post #3 of 18

I haven't seen anything on CC about it, yet. But there is already a blog about it with a few examples:

http://www.cuttingedgecakeart.com/blog.php

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 2:58am
post #4 of 18

I emailed PC re this new machine Friday. I was told: The machine is the same, just different color. All three carts are available independent of the machine. HSN has an exclusive for the machines and carts, for some period of time. (The exclusive didn't last too long for the original.)

I don't want to buy too many carts, as I have SCAL2 to use, but these look like they could have some cool designs.

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 2:59am
post #5 of 18

Check out this website: http://just-a-scrappin.blogspot.com/2010/07/martha-stewart-cake-art-cartridges.html. You can see what designs are on the different cartridges. Nothing like a really good preview of coming attractions icon_lol.gif

This website is chock full of all kinds of info and you can subscribe to her site and get email updates. One of my favorite sites.

Hope that helps icon_smile.gif

iluvpeeks Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 3:02am
post #6 of 18

They do look like nice designs. I'm still working through perfecting the carts I have now. I also got the cupcake wrappers cart. Really really cute designs, and if you figure out how much you are saving by making your own wrappers, its a definite win win. I'm glad that they didn't make any changes to the machine. I would have been really annoyed.

mpetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpetty Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 3:43am
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptanyer

Check out this website: http://just-a-scrappin.blogspot.com/2010/07/martha-stewart-cake-art-cartridges.html. You can see what designs are on the different cartridges. Nothing like a really good preview of coming attractions icon_lol.gif

Dang. So far I've refused to be tempted by the Cricut Cake, but that Elegant Cake Art may make me change my mind... icon_confused.gif

chefjulie Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 12:46am
post #8 of 18

I have the Cricut Cake and the Expressions (and the Silhouette... seriously, I have a problem!!). I did see the white MS Cricut Cake, but obviously don't need that!! I need to buy MTC or SCAL or something, because, while I LOVE cartridges, they add up FAST!!

While researching last night, I realized that the cricut website actually shows you the manual for the cartridges so you can see every single design!! How I missed this before, I have no clue! I ordered all three on HSN because I really love the carts, and think they'll be great for paper crafting as well icon_smile.gif The cartridges all have fonts on them, so that's an awesome bonus, IMO!!

chefjulie Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 12:51am
post #9 of 18

Oh, and thanks for the link to CuttingEdgeCakeArt!!! That's exactly what I was looking for- I could find all sorts of hype from scrapbloggers, but no one who'd actually used the cartridges! Now I'm excited icon_smile.gif

BrodysMommy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrodysMommy1 Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 9:59pm
post #10 of 18

I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy a cricut cake. I'm new into decorating cakes and love to scrapbook, too. Can you use paper in the cricut cake?

iluvpeeks Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 11:33pm
post #11 of 18

I have. I purchased the Cupcake Wrappers cartridge, and changed out the cake blade to the deep cut blade and housing, and the sticky mat and it cut beautifully. The only thing is that I have read that if you use it to cut paper, it voids the warranty. My question is, how would they know? Besides that, you aren't doing anything really different with the machine. I bet the original red machine will come down in price even more now. There is no difference between the red machine and the Martha Stewart White machine. I hope this helps.

iluvpeeks Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 11:36pm
post #12 of 18

Oh, one more thing. Cutting Edge has a picture, and explaination on their website using it to cut paper.

claribelcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
claribelcakes Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 4:59pm
post #13 of 18

Does anyone know when/if and where the Cartridges will be available for purchase in Canada?

chefjulie Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 5:09pm
post #14 of 18

My understanging is that, for now, they're exclusive to HSN. I don't know if/when that will change- Can you not shop HSN in Canada?

I got all three of them on Saturday and they look AH-MAZING!! Haven't had a chance to use them yet, though! I was shocked that they got here so fast! My estimated delivery was some time in early August!!

claribelcakes Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 6:07pm
post #15 of 18

Unfortunately no, I can pick them up on ebay but they are listed at $100 a piece and I'd like to get them for cheaper if possible. I absolutely LOVE the borders, they are so pretty!

JenniferAtwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferAtwood Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 11:57pm
post #16 of 18

This is a cake done with the All Occasions Cake Art Cart.
LL

JenniferAtwood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferAtwood Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 11:58pm
post #17 of 18

This one is made with the Elegant Cake Art Cart.
LL

claribelcakes Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 12:50am
post #18 of 18

WOW!!! Beautiful!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%