What's Up With All The Blue Cakes??

Decorating By Maria925 Updated 18 Jul 2010 , 1:17am by pieceacake830

Maria925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria925 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 11:26pm
post #1 of 5

So I've been making cakes for friends & family (free for my practice & blog stuff). I made an owl cake in May for a friend's daughter...she wanted it baby blue. I made a cake for my Goddaughter, SIL wanted it blue, am now getting ready to make my daughter her bday cake and well her favorite color is of course...blue (but it's water under a pirate ship so ok).

Now I'm making a cake for a friend of a friend. It's her baby girl's 1st birthday. I was all excited thinking...yay a pink cake or something. Nope...she wants it...you guessed it...baby blue (w/ butterflies)!

Is this a very popular color right now or is it just my luck? I was hoping to have a few different colored cakes for my blog...LOL!!! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 12:45am
post #2 of 5

?? blue -- it's the new black??

(tho' I'm more often black&blue!)

at least it's not turquoise -- like in the 60s

and then there was harvest gold....

and that dark brown color and...

(oh the horrors of fashion & style!)

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 1:04am
post #3 of 5

Hm I haven't done too many blue cakes lately!

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 1:11am
post #4 of 5

Haha! I know what you mean, I have done a ton of blue stuff. It doesn't help that I have all boys and our team colors are blue and white! I was so excited when I did a baby shower cake the other day and got to do it all in pink and white fondant stripes and polka dots with a baby on top in a PINK bathtub...not a drop of blue on either of the three tiers! icon_lol.gif

pieceacake830 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pieceacake830 Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 1:17am
post #5 of 5

Hey Doug---

Don't forget the avocado green!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%