Can I Use White Choc. Ganache For Piping?

Decorating By jjpow Updated 18 Jul 2010 , 2:13am by MrsNancyB1

jjpow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjpow Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 6:25pm
post #1 of 2

I want to practice piping on my birthday cake for a wedding cake that I am doing in August. I have all the ingredients to make white choc. ganache, but have never made it before. I was planning on covering my cake with it, and then fondant, and then maybe piping the scroll work with the ganache on the sides of the cake? Do you have any tips on covering it nicely with teh ganache, and then piping it? Thank you! icon_smile.gif

1 reply
MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 2:13am
post #2 of 2

I just made white choc ganache a few days ago, for a cake that was due today. Where I live, it was over 100F every day, so my 3:1 ratio didn't hold up well at all. It was so goopy, that I had to actually add more chocolate, ending up with a 4:1 ratio! The 4:1 ratio held up well.

Just a word of experience, white choc ganache doesn't seem to firm up on the cake as hard as regular ganache does. It was firm, but I could still easily press into it if I wanted to.

When I was piping filling, it piped beautifully! It was really a dream to pipe out, so I don't think you'll have any problems there.

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%