Florida Home Baker Law Update

Business By KrazyAboutCake Updated 28 Jul 2010 , 3:38am by Totally-Frosted

KrazyAboutCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrazyAboutCake Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 12:30pm
post #1 of 5

To all the Home Bakers in Florida, I want to thank everyone who is sending the letters to get the Cottage Food Act passed in Florida. I want to share an email that I received yesterday from our Senators. Please keep sending those letters. We need to continue sending these letters to let them know this is a need for the Florida home baker. If you do nothing than nothing will happen. Barbara

Sent: Friday, July 16, 2010 2:24 PM
To: LABONTE.LIADA.S13
Cc: STOVALL.SANDRA; 'Aller, Marion'
Subject: FW: Cottage Food Act

Hi Liada,

The issue of cottage industry sales such as baked goods to consumers is currently under review by the Food Safety and Food Defense Advisory Council. This council has members from a diverse background such as the DACS, FDA and the private sector. Upon a call phone call from me to the DACS Division of Food Safety I was reminded that there is language in the current Appropriations Act for a review to be made of small farm issues, which this matter falls under. The council is to complete its review and issue its findings by the end of the year.

This is to say that this very matter is under review now. I know that the council is aware of Senator Jones constituents concern as I sent an e-mail copy of the letter to the Division Director.

If I can be of further assistance on this issue please send me a note or give me a call.

Sincerely,
Jeff

Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 9:16 AM
To: POOLE.JEFF
Cc: LABONTE.LIADA.S13
Subject: FW: Cottage Food Act

Jeff,

I think this is an Agriculture Food matter. Please let me know if you think it falls under DOHs authority instead.

Thanks,
Sandra

Sandra R. Stovall, J.D., C.P.A.

The Florida Senate

Committee on Health Regulation

530 Knott Building

404 South Monroe Street

Tallahassee, Florida 32399-1100

850.487.5824 facsimile: 850.410.0081

[email protected]

4 replies
Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 12:53pm
post #2 of 5

Thank you for this post.

I just sent my email. I would love to be able to bake from home. I work out of a commercial kitchen but my product is much better when I bake from home -- it's more like "homemade".

karukaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karukaru Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 1:09pm
post #3 of 5

Hi!
I would love to be a home baker! I am not able to open my own business right now (lack of funds). Who should I write to and what should I say? Thanks!

Btrfly578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Btrfly578 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 1:39pm
post #4 of 5

Hello! I to would like to know who I need to write. I also don't have the funds to open a business right now. Nothing like working in the comfort of your own home.

Totally-Frosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Totally-Frosted Posted 28 Jul 2010 , 3:38am
post #5 of 5

Who do I need to contact? I live in Central Florida.

Veronica

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%