Cooked Buttercream Recipe?

Baking By nannykaren Updated 17 Jul 2010 , 3:51pm by nannykaren

nannykaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannykaren Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 12:56am
post #1 of 6

I saw in a different post regarding Red Velvet cakes that MamaWrobin uses cooked buttercream on her RV cakes. Does anyone have a recipe for the cooked buttercream that they would be willing to share?

Thanks
icon_smile.gif

5 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 2:28am
post #2 of 6

The "Mary Kay Icing" by Cakepro in the recipes here on cc is a good one. Go to recipes and type "Mary Kay Icing" in the search box and it will pop right up for you. I tried it a couple of weeks ago because someone on cc recommended it and it's really good thumbs_up.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 3:14am
post #3 of 6

that's the ONLY icing i use on Red Velvet cakes (unless a customer orders it with cream cheese...) but if it's my option it's the Mary Kay Icing

frankdiabetes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frankdiabetes Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 3:31am
post #4 of 6
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 3:59am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

that's the ONLY icing i use on Red Velvet cakes (unless a customer orders it with cream cheese...) but if it's my option it's the Mary Kay Icing

Now I remember thumbs_up.gif it was leily that recommended this recipe...thanks...it's awesome. thumbs_up.gif

nannykaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannykaren Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 3:51pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you all for the information. I will definitely try the Mary Kay Icing. This is such a great site and all of you have been very helpful

Nannykaren

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%