Joint Cake/ Women Turning 40 And 50

Decorating By CookieMeister Updated 19 Jul 2010 , 8:45pm by allaboutcakeuk

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 5

I've been asked to make a cake for a couple of ladies at work - one is turning 40 and the other 50. We don't want the "over the hill" references, so I was thinking maybe something that will make them feel young again - shades of pink, purple and white - just like you'd have on your cake when you were younger.

I know one of them well. She is quite girly, and loves shoes, purses, dresses and Hello Kitty.

The other is very quiet and reserved. She's a country girl, and I know she likes jewelry and collects crosses. That's about it.

Any ideas on how I can possibly pull this off and make it look at all cohesive? I was thinking a two-tier cake, with one tier geared for each lady, but other than that, I'm out.

4 replies
yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 11:55pm
post #2 of 5
yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 12:14am
post #3 of 5

I know you were thinking 2 tiered, but I wanted to share this idea with you. I love this style cake

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1741885.html

How about doing something like that with equal sides of pink and purple with white stars down the middle

The girl who likes purses do a 3D mini purse or mini gumpaste shoe and her name on that side of the cake and do the same with a 3D mini jewelry box or a mini necklace form (rkt) with a necklace on it for the other girl.

White stars on wires in the center back of the star divider. Hope this makes sense.

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 6:30pm
post #4 of 5

I've seen quite a few of those half and half cakes lately, and I love them too! That's a good idea!

allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 19 Jul 2010 , 8:45pm
post #5 of 5

I did a heart shaped cake with lots of things that the people like but did them all in complimenting colour schemes so the random ideas didn't look out of place as they liked bags, jewellery, hedgehogs, shoes etc. Another idea is parcels they can have a tier each with the flavour they like and personlize each tier.
have attached a picture of both for some ideas too icon_smile.gif
LL
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%