Damages In Shipment

Decorating By Kimmers971 Updated 26 Jul 2010 , 8:03pm by AlanT

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 6:34pm
post #1 of 10

I was just informed by Lisa, general manager that my claim could take up to 8 days. Then they would reship or credit me. I CAN'T wait 8 days for items needed for a cake next week. I sent pictures of the package damage and product damages. This isn't the service I expected. The damaged items are sitting here, you can have UPS come back to get them. But I want my replacement items shipped immediately. GSA can fight with UPS to get the shipping cost reimbursed.

RESOLVED

9 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 6:49pm
post #2 of 10

Well that pretty much sucks. I'd be looking for a new supplier.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 11:20am
post #3 of 10

Just re-order. It has been my experience that they are very good about correcting their mistakes. You will pay for the re-ordered piece and the damaged piece will be refunded. You are even. Last week they sent me a fat daddio's pan instead of a magic line. They told me to keep the wrong pan as the ups cost would equal the value of the pan. A few days later they sent me the right pan. That is great customer service.

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 11:37am
post #4 of 10

Resolved?
What did they end up doing for you?
icon_smile.gif Jodi

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 12:53pm
post #5 of 10

It would be good to post how they took care of it because your original post was rather harsh toward them. If they resolved it, you should clear their name.

AlanT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlanT Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 4:32pm
post #6 of 10

To be fair, the results of this claim need to be posted to this site. The day the customer called us, a claim was filed with UPS. The claim was approved the same day, July 16th and a new order was immediately shipped. The customer received the replacements on the NEXT business day which was Monday the 19th. I simply do not know what more we could have done. Alan

cakes47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes47 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 6:27pm
post #7 of 10

Alan ~ You're so right that she should have posted that all was well and
handled extremely FAST!!! Stating ''Resolved'' at the bottom of the rant
doesn't say much.
You're awesome and I love ordering from your site. Prices are fair, lots
of sales and the customer service can't be beat!!!! Keep doing what
you're doing, it's 5 stars!!! icon_smile.gif

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 6:51pm
post #8 of 10

I always check Global Sugar Arts first when I need an order!! One time I received a large batch of white Pettinice Fondant - when I opened the packages the morning of the wedding, I discovered it was a disgusting grey color. When I contacted them, they discovered that manufacturer had mislabled the fondant and it was supposed to be cream color. They very kindly refunded my money. I find no hassles with their shipping service - unlike another supplier that is within driving distance of my house.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 7:10pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanT

To be fair, the results of this claim need to be posted to this site. The day the customer called us, a claim was filed with UPS. The claim was approved the same day, July 16th and a new order was immediately shipped. The customer received the replacements on the NEXT business day which was Monday the 19th. I simply do not know what more we could have done. Alan

That's great but what bothered me was that she was told it would take up to 8 days and no offer for replacement at time of complaint.

AlanT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlanT Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 8:03pm
post #10 of 10

Please allow me to explain our policy. If an order is damaged during shipping, UPS will refund the cost of the damaged merchandise as well as the shipping in most cases. UPS has to have the right to inspect the damaged package and collect it if they deem that necessary before reimbursing us. When a customer receives a damaged order, they are asked if they would like a replacement sent immediately but the customer will have to pay for the second order and wait for reimbursement for the first order. Why? If the customer has discarded the box and all the packaging, UPS will refuse the insurance claim. This happens much more frequently than you can imagine. Secondly, we have simply had too many customers claim damage product then NOT allow UPS to examine their package. Thankfully, the vast majority of our customers are very honest and our policy has kept this abuse to a minimum.
In the majority of cases, UPS closes the claim within one business day and pays the insurance without ever seeing the package. We immediately ship the new merchandise, usually within 1-2 business days of the original claim.
The most important thing is to talk to us in person if you have a claim. We will do whatever is necessary to get your product to you when you need it. The above is a statement of our guidelines but we certainly bend the rules when necessary for our repeat customers. Alan

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%