How To Get Published??

Decorating By rachpizano Updated 16 Jul 2010 , 6:36pm by Loucinda

rachpizano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachpizano Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 5:25am
post #1 of 7

My husband and I have been doing cakes for a long time but I have always dreams of some how getting published in the knot or some other magazine. Anyone have any idea on how to get recognized without paying a ton of money to advertise with the magazine.

6 replies
rachpizano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachpizano Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 5:45am
post #2 of 7

any ideas for me?

bmoser24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bmoser24 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 6:23am
post #3 of 7

Sorry, I don't but I can imagine that's the million dollar question around here. I wouldn't think it would be very easy without paying $$$'s.
The only thing I think I would do is enter contests.
I know that I would have to be very honest with myself about how good I am compared to those i would be competing against. Wow, there are some great cake artist out there....great. I understand it's expensive to do that and time consuming so ...I'm good and getting better, but not there yet.
Blessings to you. Hope you get your answer.

thatslifeca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatslifeca Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 6:23am
post #4 of 7

I have never tried this because I have never really had interest in it, but how about writing to a few mags that your interested in getting your pics into. You know, sort of like a resume or cover letter. Add pics with watermarks so they don't get used without consent. Maybe you could search online. Good luck and let us know if you published that would be great for you and your hubby. icon_biggrin.gif

cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 8:20am
post #5 of 7

Most Magazines that accept photo contributions will say so either in the very front or very back of the magazine and will tell you what the requirements are for your photos to be accepted. Wedding Cakes - A Design Source is one that accepts contributions.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 12:58pm
post #6 of 7

Are you wanting photos printed or when you say "published", do you mean actually writing something?

A number of cake magazine just accept photo submissions. Whether they print them is another story, but you CAN just send them in. icon_biggrin.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 6:36pm
post #7 of 7

For The Knot, you can pay for advertising or if you are lucky, you will be one of the cake artists that has made a cake for one of their featured weddings. Those are the only 2 ways I know of to get into their publication.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%