Had A Kid Scream "her Cake Made Me Puke"...

Decorating By anasazi17 Updated 17 Jul 2010 , 2:04pm by cutthecake

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 4:05am
post #1 of 104

So I just have to share...

I did a little Bastille Day celebration festival today. It was too fun, I made a whole bunch of fun items including blue, white & red cupcakes. The day was going great; I was selling tons of stuff, people loved it, etc. Until someone's darling little boy comes up to my tent and screams "YOUR CUPCAKE GAVE ME FOOD POISONING AND I PUKED". He then proceeded to tell everyone that walked by that my cupcake "made him puke". (no one really listened to him, but I wanted to die 6 times). It took all I had not to grab his little arm and swing him to China, but instead I calmly questioned him...

When I asked him to tell me why he thinks the cupcake made him puke he said:

"The last thing I ate was your poisoned cupcake, it made me puke, what are you gonna do about it???" Seriously kid? Then I asked him what he had eaten today. His response: "2 hotdogs, pizza, Mt. Dew, nachos, ice cream sundae and a cupcake--for dinner". I told him to scram, he stuck his tongue out at me and ran away laughing. OOOOOHHHH!!! Had to share icon_evil.gif

103 replies
SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 4:08am
post #2 of 104

wow! some people's kids...

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 4:14am
post #3 of 104

how about.."here's another cupcake kid, let's see if it kills ya this time." I AM JUST KIDDING. icon_lol.gif sleep deprivation and daisy recovering here, bare with me. icon_lol.gif

seriously.. Can you just imagine what his parents are like !!!

quietude Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quietude Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 4:22am
post #4 of 104

That one really made me LOL - where were his parents anyway? Too funny icon_biggrin.gif

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 4:38am
post #5 of 104

LOL... Seriously, where were his parents?

I hope you sold all your cupcakes.... thumbs_up.gif

honeyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honeyscakes Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 4:52am
post #6 of 104

OMG! that's horrible...I almost puke just reading about what he ate!!! ughhh all that stuff..I eat in 2 days... how can he eat all that for one meal! icon_confused.gif
some people!!!
you handled it very well...
oh yea if I were you...I'd swing him to Africa and sing Waka Waka!!!icon_twisted.gif
- h

sweetooth0510 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetooth0510 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 4:58am
post #7 of 104

what about 'yep, that's right folks, my cupcakes are so good that you will want to keep eating them until you puke too'.

Little brat .... what are you going to do about it ... how about give your parents a lesson on child nutrition and obesity statistics.

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 5:03am
post #8 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by anasazi17

It took all I had not to grab his little arm and swing him to China

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 5:14am
post #9 of 104

You're a better woman than me. I'd probably have been arrested. icon_lol.gif

susieqhomemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susieqhomemaker Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 5:15am
post #10 of 104

literally LOLed

Punk kid...

CristyInMiami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CristyInMiami Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 5:24am
post #11 of 104

There's one of the reasons I stopped teaching. I really dislike bratty kids and no longer have the patience I once had. Not to mention, I equally dislike the bratty parents.

I work better with an oven. icon_smile.gif

susieqhomemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susieqhomemaker Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 5:27am
post #12 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by CristyInMiami

There's one of the reasons I stopped teaching. I really dislike bratty kids and no longer have the patience I once had. Not to mention, I equally dislike the bratty parents.

This is why my mom stopped teaching, too. The kids just had no respect any more.

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 5:37am
post #13 of 104

Her ya go son...one bite of this red apple and it will grant wishes. Heeehhhheeeehaaahahaahhhhhhh icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif

Monirr04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monirr04 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 5:38am
post #14 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by susieqhomemaker

Quote:

This is why my mom stopped teaching, too. The kids just had no respect any more.

I agree! I work hard to make sure my son has manners. Even do that little threat before bday parties "I dont care what your gift is that you unwrap, you smile and acted like it was the best bday present you could have ever received". Drives me crazy when kids open bday presents and make a face or comment cause it wasnt exactly what they wanted.
Personally if i had seen/heard my son say that i would have smacked him to next week.

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 6:09am
post #15 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monirr04

Quote:

Quote:

I agree! I work hard to make sure my son has manners. Even do that little threat before bday parties "I dont care what your gift is that you unwrap, you smile and acted like it was the best bday present you could have ever received". Drives me crazy when kids open bday presents and make a face or comment cause it wasnt exactly what they wanted.
Personally if i had seen/heard my son say that i would have smacked him to next week.

Oh I hate that. Ha, I know a woman who won't put presents out because her son will just open them at will!! She was like. "How do you keep them from opening their presents before Xmas?" Seriously? Uhhh, the same way I keep them from climbing all over someone else furniture....it's called discipline. You may want to try it sometime.

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 6:17am
post #16 of 104

I see this ALL the time at the market.

I had a family of 7 eat all my samples, no thanks you no nothing.

I then put them on a cake pedistal with a lid so i could close it when i think ou have had enough, and I let a byo have one. I closed it, and he TRYED TO TAKE THE LID OFF (its a $200 cake pedesel) And says "I think I will ahve another one!".

I firmly pushed the lid back down, and say with a big smile "I think not!"

He nervously laughed and ran away..... Im pretty scary for a 5 foot nothing girl!

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 7:21am
post #17 of 104
Quote:

Quote:

It gets a little worse every year it seems. But then there's that one special kid (out of 22) that makes it all worth while!

Cenell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cenell Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 8:20am
post #18 of 104

Oh my God!!!! You are making me LOL. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 10:06am
post #19 of 104

WOW! You handled yourself really well, I don't know what I would have done. icon_eek.gif
I wonder where the parents were?? I know where they weren't! thumbsdown.gif
icon_smile.gifJodi

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 10:21am
post #20 of 104
Quote:

Me too! Having had a kid tell me that he didn't need to respect me but I MUST respect him and having the mother confirm that yes, that was the case made me feel that I just couldn't do it anymore. I'm sure this little darling's parents are of a similar vein.

TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 11:37am
post #21 of 104

My kids are raised with the knowledge that respect is something you have to earn, you'll get it when you've done something worthy of it.

thatslifeca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatslifeca Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 11:50am
post #22 of 104

Well, folks have you ever done a wedding cake and the bride and groom try to scam half of what they paid for it, or the whole amount. You've all heard the excuses, it was dry, it fell apart blah blah blah, but no pics and they have eaten all the cake.

THOSE ARE THE CHILDREN OF THOSE COUPLES! icon_evil.gif

sherrycanary62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrycanary62 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 12:23pm
post #23 of 104

a good example why some people shouldn't reproduce!! icon_biggrin.gif

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 12:35pm
post #24 of 104

Yep, kids learn from example! Bet his parents are the ones suing McD's for their coffee being too hot! icon_rolleyes.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 12:37pm
post #25 of 104
Quote:
Quote:

I work better with an oven.

Priceless!!! You handled it vey well. Bratty kids (especially in a restaurant) are a SERIOUS pet peeve of mine.

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 1:02pm
post #26 of 104

Amen, Loucinda!! I work in a huge restaurant that caters to tourists, carrying huge trays of food and hot coffee pots, while parents let their little darlings run around their table! I can't tell you the number of times I've had to dodge these kids while the parents are completely oblivious!!

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 1:11pm
post #27 of 104
Quote:

Me, too! And I didn't want to go to jail for setting one of those little darlings straight.

I would have offered to make his birthday cake.........................

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 1:13pm
post #28 of 104

Haha! I still can't believe the nerve of that kid. I am pretty sure his parents gave him money and sent him to the festival alone, to torment a cake lady!! I tall ya, it took all I had not to curse at him or wallop him! LOL I'll put that in my book of WTH moments!!

OMGitsaLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OMGitsaLisa Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 1:17pm
post #29 of 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelgirl

Yep, kids learn from example! Bet his parents are the ones suing McD's for their coffee being too hot! icon_rolleyes.gif

Just for the record, that McDonald's case wasn't frivolous. The restaurant had been knowingly serving the coffee way too hot for a long time and had been warned about it several times before. It was kept that hot so that by the time people got to work, it would still be hot, but not so hot as to give them 3rd degree burns like it would if they attempted to drink it when served.

The plaintiff originally sought to settle the case for $20,000, probably the cost of her medical bills (she suffered 3rd degree burns over 6% of her body in the span of about 7 seconds) but McDonald's refused. That is why she sued.

I wish people actually knew the facts of that case before using it as an example of frivolous lawsuits.

As for the kid in the OP, it's been said before but I'll say it again. I'm not patient enough to deal with that crap, but then I don't really like brats no matter the age. I probably would have berated him until he cried.

Aeropanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aeropanda Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 1:18pm
post #30 of 104

Wow! I might have had to given myself a time out to calm down before being able to deal with that kid! My son will be two in October, and he already knows how to say thank you. I would have been mortified if my son had done anything like that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%