How Do These Colors Work Together?

Decorating By Parable Updated 16 Jul 2010 , 5:07am by hollyml

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 2:28am
post #1 of 9

I like the pink background with the brown border but my daughter says she doesn't. It is not for her (21). It is for a 3 year old. What do you think?
LL

8 replies
dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 2:45am
post #2 of 9

I like it. Can you make the writing in brown tones also since it looks like rope?

Jesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jesa Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 2:45am
post #3 of 9

I like pink and brown together but as with everything, it often depends on the shades for how well things go. I like darker brown to go with brighter pinks.

Sun11598 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sun11598 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 2:49am
post #4 of 9

I think if the pink were lighter or the brown darker I'd like it better...and you could tie it together a bit more with a few horseshoes or something else in brown in the open pink areas.

nana_marta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nana_marta Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 2:50am
post #5 of 9

The three year old isn't going to care what border it is, she just wants Jessie on the cake! I think the brown is great with the horse, and rope embellishments. Can you do some embossing and/or highlighting to make it look like wood? This is gonna be a cute cake! icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 3:07am
post #6 of 9

Pink and brown are awesome together. If she has any doubt, show her Peggy Porschen's books -- those are her signature colors!

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 3:08am
post #7 of 9

Thanks guys! I am planning on the brown border and rope writing being darker. Hoping the lettering will look like rope as well as the rest of the lasso. This was just a rough draft using Publisher to see what the colors looked like together. Sun, I like the idea of the horseshoes too!

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 3:49am
post #8 of 9

A rustic wood fence around the side of the cake would be so cute. Sharon Zambito sells a cutter set she used on her Sheetcake DVD on a western theme. (http://sugaredproductions.wsiefusion.net/_catalog_88461/Sheet_Cake_Tools

Sorry to get off topic. I like the pink and brown too.

hollyml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyml Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 5:07am
post #9 of 9

The pink border is great with the brown, but IMO it doesn't look so good with Jesse's red hat. Something about the particular shade of pink. I would just go a bit lighter with the pink and it should look fabulous.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%