Just Got New Stuff!!

Decorating By ohayr639 Updated 16 Jul 2010 , 4:18am by Kellbella

ohayr639 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ohayr639 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 12:51am
post #1 of 14

I am sure for most of you it probably isn't that big of a deal but my order just came in and I am so excited to use my magic line square pans!!! Just thought I would share!

Also, any tips on how to make sure the cake really comes out looking like a perfect square?

I also got isomalt to experiment with, any tips?

13 replies
sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 1:05am
post #2 of 14

I love my magic line square pans. I use the homemade cake release (equal parts flour, shortening, and veg oil) and mine come out great everytime. Make sure you put in enough batter so the batter in the corners rises to the op of the pan. Have funicon_smile.gif

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 1:06am
post #3 of 14

I spray Baker's Joy to get a good release. I also use the wrap around strips to help it bake evenly. Tip: Never put them in the dishwasher. They will last you a life time! Have lots of fun!

Cake_Bliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Bliss Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 1:16am
post #4 of 14

Congrats!! Thats awesome! I was just reading about them and cannot wait to be able to order them myselficon_smile.gif Happy caking!

amysue99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amysue99 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 1:17am
post #5 of 14

Love mine too! Enjoy your new pans!

4realLaLa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4realLaLa Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 4:13am
post #6 of 14

Yay for you ohayr639! I really want to try the Magic Line pans myself. I hear so much about them. Happy Baking!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 4:36am
post #7 of 14

Yeah !! new toys.. tell us how they work out. or better yet.. just send us cake. It is nice to try other peoples cakes.

HAVE FUN !! icon_biggrin.gif

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 5:10am
post #8 of 14

Congrats and have fun! They are on my wish list! I found one 14" square ML pan in my Mom's attic that had been my Grandma's and you'd have thought I found a diamond I was so excited, now I just need the rest of the set icon_smile.gif

ohayr639 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 5:56pm
post #9 of 14

Thanks everyone!!! I am so excited to use them!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 10:08pm
post #10 of 14

I love mine. I also use the homeade pan grease. I agree with Bakingangel never put them in the dishwasher. I don't even wash my Wilton pans in the dishwasher.

AileenGP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AileenGP Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 10:19pm
post #11 of 14

You're gonna love them! I got mine a few weeks ago and was so amazed how sharp the corners come out.

I spray original PAM throughout the pan, making sure to get the corners, then line the bottom with either wax paper or parchment - came out perfect every time.

newbaker55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newbaker55 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 10:22pm
post #12 of 14

Yay for you! Don't you just love that feeling when you get new cake toys? icon_biggrin.gif

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my ML pans. Homemade cake release (oil, flour and shortening) is the way to go. Once I've removed the cake from the pans, into the hot soapy water they go to sit a spell, then, they wash up like a dream!

I've not ventured into the Isomalt, though. Would love to hear how it works for you. Happy cakin' icon_lol.gif

ohayr639 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 4:03am
post #13 of 14

I used them and it was so cool to watch them come out (I also used the homemade release stuff). I am excited to frost them tomorrow, hopefully I can keep the corners super sharp like they are already.

You guys are also so nice! Thanks!!

I will take the advice on not putting them in the dishwasher too.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 4:18am
post #14 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakingangel

I spray Baker's Joy to get a good release. I also use the wrap around strips to help it bake evenly. Tip: Never put them in the dishwasher. They will last you a life time! Have lots of fun!

Really icon_confused.gif I throw mine in there all the time...wonder why it's not good?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%