What Would This Technique Be Called?

Lounge By bobwonderbuns Updated 14 Jul 2010 , 11:05pm by CWR41

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 5:59pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Everyone, I just got back from an awesome trip out West and at several stops in California in particular we saw street vendors doing these paintings, using a combination of Bob Ross techniques and airbrush techniques (using spray cans.) Does this technique have a name and is there any internet info on it -- like YouTube videos or the like? I was fascinated watching these guys, but naturally they weren't anxious to share ANY info on what they were doing or how they learned. icon_confused.gificon_cry.gif (My interest -- I want to use these techniques on a cake!) icon_biggrin.gif If anyone is familiar with this or can help guide me I'd appreciate it. Thanks all! icon_lol.gif

3 replies
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 8:52pm
post #2 of 4

This video looks like it fits the bill pretty well:



bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 10:15pm
post #3 of 4

That's pretty much it. This one guy used a few more Bob Ross tree techniques in his paintings, but the landscapes, stars and planets were all done the same way. Thanks!

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 11:05pm
post #4 of 4

I've seen a couple of artists like this downtown at the Freemont Street Experience in Las Vegas, but I don't remember them using any brushes... only the spray cans, newspapers, and other odd things on hand. Their technique appeared to be more about layering that was scraped away. The artists were a paint-covered mess, but they got a lot of attention and it was pretty cool to watch!

Quote by @%username% on %date%