Piping Advice Please Help!!

Decorating By mgj_jda71 Updated 16 Jul 2010 , 4:56am by cakesbyben

mgj_jda71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgj_jda71 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 10

can anyone has any idea how to do this piping technique as i have tried a lot of tip and i tried to contact the originator.the link of this photo is http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1689597
any suggestions and intructions woul greatly appreciated.many thanks

josie of england
LL

9 replies
Montrealconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Montrealconfections Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 10

I looked I don't see any piping I think the border lace might me a push mold

iamelms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamelms Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 10

It looks to me like they used a #16 star tip to create a shell boarder over maybe a #1 or #3 round tip that they drew the loops. HTH!

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 4:43pm
post #4 of 10

Take a #3 tip and use a zig zag motion to do a small, tall, small motion. Getting this consistant will be a little bit of a challenge. Then it is followed by a small shell border on top..maybe a 16 or 17. HTH.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 4:44pm
post #5 of 10

Sorry..didn't mean to dupe...was typing my post when Iamelms sent hers....but looks like we're on the same thought process!

thatslifeca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatslifeca Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 4:53pm
post #6 of 10

I have an idea. The cake was done by annacakes, so why don't you send her a little message and ask how it was done.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 5:25pm
post #7 of 10

That looks like a fondant lace mold trim to me - laid down next to the cake with a shell border piped on top of it next to the edge of the cake. (but then my eyes are not what they used to be either)

cakesbyben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyben Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 12:57am
post #8 of 10

i think you might be right, if you look really closly at the little "m" type shapes on the board. they are not all even, i think if you use a no. 0 or a no.1 piping tube and pipe them over waxed paper (similar to lace work peices)
, let them dry and use the piped edge over the top to hold them in place, they should work ok
i hope it all work out for you which ever way you choose.

mgj_jda71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgj_jda71 Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 5:21pm
post #9 of 10

thanks to everybody who answered my questions i really appreciated your kindness...annacakes the one who made the designs of the cake contacted me and she gave me all the instructions i needed.she is a nice lady...thank you annacakes.

cakesbyben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyben Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 4:56am
post #10 of 10

so did she pipe it or did she use a mold?
i would be interested to know for certain ,lol.
it s so great to her that she got incontact with you, thats the thing i love about this industry, there a re so many people out there willing to help out and lend a hand, if only i could get this kind or support with my horses, lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%