What Is A Novelty Cake

Decorating By friendly Updated 13 Jul 2010 , 11:36am by brincess_b

friendly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
friendly Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 11:18am
post #1 of 2

What do you class a Novelty Cake as ? I have just moved to a new town and went to the local show. In the senior class (that is for people with more than 8 years decorating) a Novelty Cake that won 1st Place was a cake designed as boot with molded mice flowers etc, and place was a square cake in blue fondant with royal icing hearts on the top. The same in the secondary sudents section but this time 1st was a round cake with cut out flat flower shapes. (also the third place was the same as the first place cake ) 2nd was a Pig Sty with molded pig, flowers ect. Like the one in Debbie Brown's Easy party cakes. I did a two tier wedding cake and a silver wedding anniversary cake for this show and while my 13 years old is very happy with second place for her Pig Sty (This is the first time she has entered a show) All the other shows that I have entered a Novelty cake has been cake in is like you see in Debbie Browns Books . So we are now confussed as to what is a Novelty Cake.

1 reply
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 11:36am
post #2 of 2

whenever you enter a compititon, always get a full copy of the rules and regulations, that should explain properly what is and isnt acceptable in each class. if in doubt, always call to have it clarified!
if its a smaller show, they might be more flexable just to ensure they have enough entries...
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%