Favorite White Almond Cake

Baking By sarahnichole975 Updated 15 Jul 2010 , 3:18pm by pajnpis

sarahnichole975 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahnichole975 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 2:35am
post #1 of 3

I just started work at a bakery after doing cakes from home for 7 years. I always used a box mix. The chef is new to the bakery as well and I am very excited about the combo of us together. He has changed several of the recipes of the cakes that were there as he found them not of good quality. In our area white almond/wedding cake is a preferred favorite and he is not pleased with the white cake recipe he has. He finds it dry and asked if I had one...to which I replied...Pilsbury...but there will be a lot of cutting and carving going on and I know from experience the the box mix, especially the white does not hold up well to that. I have the WASC recipe from this site, and have used it before, but I am not sure how he will feel about using the boxed mixes in it. I was wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions of recipes posted here already or if you have your own you would like to share. Looking for moist and durable. TIA...this place has only been open since January, and is in a great location for supporting it. And with his and my decorating talents paired with delicious cakes...I anticipate wonderful things and am so excited to be a part at the birth and growth of it all!

2 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 3:36am
post #2 of 3

I like the "original" WASC recipe by kakeladi...it's the only WASC that I use. I also prefer to use DH or BC when I make it.

pajnpis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pajnpis Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 3:18pm
post #3 of 3

I use WASC recipe by kakeladi also...my family loves it. out of all the cake i made so far, the one i made out of WASC recipe was their favorite

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%