Make Square Cake Pops?

Baking By WAdora66 Updated 28 May 2012 , 3:55am by cakepopgirl22

WAdora66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WAdora66 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 11

I need to make square cake pops this week. Can I just bake a cake, cut it into squares & dip it into melted candy melts? I know round cake pops are mixed w/ frosting. Was wondering if I could just cut the cake into squares and go from there. Thanks for helping!

10 replies
totallycaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
totallycaked Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 8:08pm
post #2 of 11

I am not sure a cut cake would hold up being dipped in chocolate. If you want to do that I would put the little squares on a cooling rack and pour the chocolate over it. It still may not be sturdy enough to hold up when you move it. What comes to my mind is to make a cake and mix it up with the frosting and instead of making balls, push it out on a sheet and stick it into a freeze let it firm up and then cut into squares and proceed with the chocolate dipping process... hth

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 8:19pm
post #3 of 11

I would definitely do one of the ways totallycaked said! I agree it's probably not going to hold up to just cut square cakes and dip!

cakegroove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegroove Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 11

how about mixing the cake/frosting and push into ice cube trays to mold them

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 8:32pm
post #5 of 11

Brownie bites pan may be a nice mold for the square part too.

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 8:46pm
post #6 of 11

Why don't you follow the recipe and use a small square cookie cutter to get the shape, I know some are made with a flower cookie cutter seems like the square would have the same effect

Molly

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 1:56am
post #7 of 11

I agree with cakegroove, I was going to suggest using ice cube trays... quick and easy. thumbs_up.gif

mommyto4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyto4 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 3:35am
post #8 of 11

I have some silicone ice cube trays that really are cubes and that's what I'd use.

WAdora66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WAdora66 Posted 18 Jul 2010 , 10:13pm
post #9 of 11

Thanks everyone for your advice! It was so helpful. What I did was bake a cake, crumble it, mix in enough frosting so it would stick together, and then patted it into a square cake pan. After refrigerating it for a bit, I cut it into squares. Then I melted a little bit of white candy melts, dipped my sticks into it and then inserted them into the squares. After it set, I was able to dip them into my melted candy melts and let them dry. They are tricky little things to make and a bit time consuming, but they turned out beautifully! Thanks again for the helpful tips!!

cakepopgirl22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakepopgirl22 Posted 28 May 2012 , 3:22am
post #10 of 11

Doesnt putting frosting in the cake to make squares..make it sweeter...like to sweet to eat.. i mean it frosting and chocolate. Trying to make spongebob cake pops

cakepopgirl22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakepopgirl22 Posted 28 May 2012 , 3:55am
post #11 of 11

Doesnt putting frosting in the cake to make squares..make it sweeter...like to sweet to eat.. i mean it frosting and chocolate. Trying to make spongebob cake pops

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%