Have You Applied? New Cake Boss Reality Series On Tlc...

Lounge By tomswife Updated 2 Sep 2010 , 1:24am by brea1026

tomswife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tomswife Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 43

Has anyone out there in CC land applied for this show??? Just curious...

42 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 43

I'm sure there has been a lot. Check out Youtube and search for TLC auditions. Many are very interesting.

brea1026 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brea1026 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 7:42pm
post #3 of 43

I applied. I sent in my video a few weeks ago. I know I probably don't stand a shot, but I can dream... It would awesome!

tguegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tguegirl Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 43

I'm thinking of applying but didn't know anything about a video. I thought it was just filling out the form and sending in two pictures of yourself. Anyone know anything to the contrary?

superwawa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superwawa Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 8:08pm
post #5 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by tguegirl

I'm thinking of applying but didn't know anything about a video. I thought it was just filling out the form and sending in two pictures of yourself. Anyone know anything to the contrary?

Correct - there is no video required, just the 2 photos and the application:
http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/cake-boss/casting.html

Maybe the others are talking about another TLC casting that requires video?

This sounds like a great and fun opportunity, but there's no way I can leave home for 4-5 weeks if selected. Good luck to those who make it!

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 8:18pm
post #6 of 43

Most likely if they like your paper application, they will request a video later. IT's very easy to look good to them on paper, but have a poor TV personality. many people appear very awkward on TV. Even on a reality show. Just watch the Next Food Network star and see how it is.

People like Duff adn Buddy have big personalities, which is one reason they have shows. Not all decorators have personalities that people would want to watch.

cakegroove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegroove Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 8:24pm
post #7 of 43

I sent my application in along w/2 pictures last week. I highly doubt they will give someone at my experience level a second look, but I'd sure have a ball w/it! I described myself as the perfect underdog icon_wink.gif Here's to dreaming big !!

brea1026 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 8:26pm
post #8 of 43

I sent in my paper application late one night about 3 weeks ago and they called the next morning and asked me to send in a video application. There is a list of questions that they ask you to answer.

I am just waiting, hoping, praying that maybe they will see something special in me. =0)

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 12:22am
post #9 of 43

I sent mine in yesterday and they called today to ask me to send in a video. I'm kind of freaking out!! Exciting but scary at the same time!

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 12:34am
post #10 of 43

brea1026, your cakes are great. I bet if they called and wanted a video application you probably have a great shot. I will cross my fingers for you. Good luck.

tomswife Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 6:31pm
post #11 of 43

Cool that so many of you have applied. I applied too, and got called back. I sent my video in about a week and a half ago. Really praying to make it. We need it so bad!!! : )

Sherry1030 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherry1030 Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 11:56pm
post #12 of 43

I applied too and was asked to send a video - that was a couple weeks ago. Haven't heard anything since but my fingers are still crossed! Hard to say what they're looking for, especially since there is no experience required.. Definitely post if you hear anything and I will do the same - the suspense is killing me!!! icon_cry.gif

TheDomesticDiva Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 1:48pm
post #13 of 43

I guess they'll have to let us know soon enough since they wanted it casted completely by August, since filming is in September. Oh well, even if I dont get picked I had FUN making the video! icon_biggrin.gif

tomswife Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 1:53pm
post #14 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDomesticDiva

I guess they'll have to let us know soon enough since they wanted it casted completely by August, since filming is in September. Oh well, even if I dont get picked I had FUN making the video! icon_biggrin.gif

Hi Diva! I sooo agree! I think getting that far is an accomplishment in itself! : ) Have a happy day! ~Julie

cakegroove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegroove Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 2:07pm
post #15 of 43

Those of you who submitted videos, didn't you answer the same things in your questionairre?

TheDomesticDiva Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 2:54pm
post #16 of 43

They were questions that were already answered to an extent, but the video was the condensed version of the "paper" interview. At least the one they sent me was; I'm guessing everyone had the same questions sent to them to answer. I'm just so dang goofy in my video, but that really is just me--nutty!! LOL

tomswife Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 3:04pm
post #17 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDomesticDiva

They were questions that were already answered to an extent, but the video was the condensed version of the "paper" interview. At least the one they sent me was; I'm guessing everyone had the same questions sent to them to answer. I'm just so dang goofy in my video, but that really is just me--nutty!! LOL

Are you on You Tube? I have watched alot of them, love to put a face with a name! icon_smile.gif

TheDomesticDiva Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 3:11pm
post #18 of 43

Will you PM me? I tried to PM you, but got a message saying that the administrator has prohibited me from sending private messages... what the crap?! Maybe it'll let me receive one and reply to it. I've always been able to send them before, not sure what's going on...

ksmith1012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ksmith1012 Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 5:54pm
post #19 of 43

Yep, I'm doing my video next week. I doubt I stand a chance but it's awesome to dream! icon_biggrin.gif

_christina_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_christina_ Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 2:59am
post #20 of 43

Ok, so did we all get the i LOVE your story! comment? My request for video was via email. And I did send my app in late because I debated for a while then thought what the heck.

I sent it in 7/30 (Saturday) and she wrote me back on 8/2 (Monday) saying to send in video asap because they were hoping to show some videos to producers at the end of the week. So who knows, some people could be close to some very good news!

There were certainly some great videos. I'm glad I didn't watch any before I did mine, though, I would have chickened out!

brea1026 Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 3:22am
post #21 of 43

I will be so happy to know the outcome, whatever it is. The waiting has been the hardest part. I know that they got some really great applicants, so who knows what TLC will decide. It would be great if several CC'ers got on the show!

_christina_ Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 9:17pm
post #22 of 43

So, on Tuesday this was posted on the FB page for the casting people:

UPDATE!!! SUBMISSIONS END THIS WEEK!

I'm not sure what that means but I know they wanted to show some submissions to the producers so maybe that means this week is the end of submissions to the producers?

Seems to be getting closer.

ksmith1012 Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 9:21pm
post #23 of 43

Yep I saw posted last night on Facebook that hopefully the semi-finalists will be chosen by early next week! I just can't wait to know the outcome- either way! Good luck everyone! icon_smile.gif

TheDomesticDiva Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 7:06pm
post #24 of 43

Brea, I hope you make it!! I'm totally rooting for you!! icon_biggrin.gif

brea1026 Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 7:40pm
post #25 of 43

Thanks DomesticDiva! I can't tell you how much I apprecite that. I am still really hoping to make it because if not then I have to start a regular job later this month. My cake business is going well, but with my hubby's major payroll cutback we can't afford to make it on his salary alone anymore and we knew not to expect any money from the business for at least a year or two.

So yeah, I am still hoping and praying that maybe this will happen for me. If not though, I know that there are so many others out there who derserve it just as much as I do and I will wish them all the luck and enjoy watching the show from home. =0)

divaricks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divaricks Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 7:08pm
post #26 of 43

I too submitted a video - I hope they let us know either way - if yes or no - even if I don't make it, I will watch the show and cheer you all on! Here's to hoping! icon_smile.gif

brea1026 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 7:07pm
post #27 of 43

Sadly I didn't get the call for the show. =0( I am still hoping that other CC member made it though!

_christina_ Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 11:22pm
post #28 of 43

Nope, not I either but I pretty much figured after I saw many of the tapes. I sent in my first and only take with no cakes except a very short slide show.

I'm excited to watch, though. Honestly, I do wonder what they were looking for. As the grand prize was an apprenticeship at Carlo's Bakery. If they chose someone with YEARS of experience and a flourishing business I can't think they would take that apprenticeship as a 'prize' but I may be wrong...in fact, I am probably dead wrong, huh? icon_wink.gif

ksmith1012 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 11:37pm
post #29 of 43

Me neither. But I am really excited to see who was chosen and I am looking forward to watching the show!

Sherry1030 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherry1030 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 11:59pm
post #30 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by _christina_

Nope, not I either but I pretty much figured after I saw many of the tapes. I sent in my first and only take with no cakes except a very short slide show.

I'm excited to watch, though. Honestly, I do wonder what they were looking for. As the grand prize was an apprenticeship at Carlo's Bakery. If they chose someone with YEARS of experience and a flourishing business I can't think they would take that apprenticeship as a 'prize' but I may be wrong...in fact, I am probably dead wrong, huh? icon_wink.gif

I didn't get a call either but I was wondering about this too - why would an experienced baker with their own shop want to work at Carlo's? I could see doing it for the publicity I guess, but I thought it was going to be more of a 'learning show'. Guess we were both wrong! My tape was horrible, certainly didn't have a producer or anything. I cringed after seeing the others! Oh well, hopefully there will be a season 2 to audition for...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%