Thank You Cc!!

Decorating By amarilloyankee Updated 12 Jul 2010 , 1:40am by cakeflake80

amarilloyankee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amarilloyankee Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 5:26pm
post #1 of 12

I just wanted to post a thread showing how much I have learned in a short time here in CC! I have been listening and reading all your WONDERFUL advice! I started making cakes a couple months ago and practicing all for last night! I made my FIL wedding cake! While it is by no means PERFECT! I think it was pretty darn good for my 1st wedding cake!

Thank you all for your wonderful advice and help! I hope to continue to learn more and more from you all! My Yoda masters! hehe icon_wink.gif

PS it is ALL buttercream!!! So proud of myself how smooth I got it! icon_smile.gif
LL
LL
LL

11 replies
auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 5:40pm
post #2 of 12

Congratulations! It was very pretty! thumbs_up.gif

KatsSuiteCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatsSuiteCakes Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 12

You did magnificently! icon_smile.gif

cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 5:51pm
post #4 of 12

Very nice!! I have to agree with you....I love this website and have learned so much!! I haven't posted pictures in a long time because my new camera takes them too small and it won't let me upload them (can't figure out how to change the size setting on the camera!!).........but I look at my older cakes and then cakes I have done recently and WOW what a difference!! And it's all because of the great advice and information on CC!! I just did my first wedding cake for my best friend two weeks ago and couldn't have done it without CC!! [/img]
LL

cakeflake80 Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 12

I just tried uploading it to the gallery and it worked!! Maybe because this is a copy of a pic from my bf's facebook page, and not one that I took from my camera. Now I will know to add them to facebook first and them copy/save them from there!

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 5:53pm
post #6 of 12

Looks great! No way does it look like you've only been doing this a couple of months!

amarilloyankee Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 6:37pm
post #7 of 12

Wow Naultlover that looks great! I love the ocean stuff!!

BTW mine is ALL BUTTERCREAM!! icon_smile.gif I am so proud how smooth it came out

nana_marta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nana_marta Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 6:52pm
post #8 of 12

I remember your first post about this cake! So glad you posted the final cake, it turned out so pretty!!! I know you are going to be making lots more in the future!! thumbs_up.gif

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 6:53pm
post #9 of 12

you have done well our young padawan. icon_lol.gif they look very nice. good job. may the cake force be with you. icon_lol.gif

cakeflake80 Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 9:05pm
post #10 of 12

Mine is all buttercream also.....well except for the bow and shells and stuff. I have yet to try covering a cake with fondant yet mostly because it scares me and also because I hate the taste. It took me months of practice smoothing my bc to make it wedding presentable!! Do you plan on venturing into fondant at some point?? Maybe we can learn from one another!!

amarilloyankee Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 9:46pm
post #11 of 12

Yes I plan on venturing into Fondant THIS week!! YIKES!!! I am doing MMF though so I hear it tastes pretty good!? I am making my son a SURPRISE sweet 16 cake!!

cakeflake80 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 1:40am
post #12 of 12

That's great!!! I haven't tried making MMF yet, but do hear that it's better tasting than any of the pre-made versions. I have only done decorative accents with fondant so far. If the MMF doesn't work out, I would suggest the Duff fondant at Michael's (if you have a coupon). It's really soft and pliable. It's not great if you need something to dry hard, but I heard it's great for covering a cake. And it's way better tasting than Wilton.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%