Weird Kind Of Cake Needed...... An Envelope!

Decorating By bnlrrice Updated 3 Sep 2005 , 1:52pm by LittleLinda

bnlrrice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bnlrrice Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 3:21am
post #1 of 4

Here is the deal.

I am having a prayer card shower for my husband who has cancer. For the last month friends family and strangers have sent cards to my mom's address for my husband. On the 17th we are having his family meet us at church and will surprise DH with a prayer card shower before going into the service as as family.

Since I have so many different types of envelopes and postmarks, I thought it would be so cute to have a cake that looked like a traveled envelope from Heaven.

Any ideas and thoughts??????

3 replies
susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 11:31am
post #2 of 4

you can go a sheet cake and with icing give it the envelops look. then with either fbct or ct or icing or fondant. You can make it addressed from heaven stamped at pearly gates. hope this helps

smashcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smashcakes Posted 2 Sep 2005 , 3:25am
post #3 of 4

I saw a cake that was wrapped in fondant to make it look like a square diaper(cant' remember where), i'll bet if you made a more rectangular cake and wrapped it with fondant it would look more like an envelope. the directions for the diaper were to position the cake on the fondant so that it looks like a square on a diamond and then wrap, you could put a "heavanly" seal on it

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 3 Sep 2005 , 1:52pm
post #4 of 4

Sorry about your husband. I hope he will be OK. It is nice of all those people to send cards.

I do a return address on the left from "those who love you" and your state. I'd put a stamp of any kind of heavenly picture you can draw. Naturally, the addressee would be your husband and his address. Finally, you know how they used to stamp "air mail" on envelopes? It would be cute to show the words "air mail" but have an angel holding the words.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%