How Do You Make A Cowboy Hat Cake?

Decorating By TatumCakes Updated 16 Jul 2010 , 5:15pm by QueenJessica

TatumCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TatumCakes Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 6:13am
post #1 of 5

I've seen on the gallery pictures people refer to the CakeMaker on how to make a cowboy hat cake. Can someone direct me to, or give me, instructions on how to make a cowboy hat cake? Thanks!

4 replies
sugalips Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugalips Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 3:02pm
post #2 of 5

BUMP... tutorial???! Anyone??!

Justcakesbyviki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justcakesbyviki Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 11:44pm
post #3 of 5

Hi, I use an oval baking pan, like the one you get in the Wilton kit for the cake. For the fondant, place the baking pan in the middle of a cardboard cake circle to make the size brim you want. Roll out you fondant, not to thin, place the fondant onto waxed paper. I use paper towels to make the side dry up. Put the cake pan in the middle while it's drying. Place the paper rolls under the waxed paper on the sides and move them toward the middle to make the sides of you hat. I let this dry for at least two to three days. When you make the cakes, I save one of the cake tops and split them into two "bars" for the crease on the top of the hat. Place you brim on the cake board and then set your cake in the middle, it should fit perfectly. icon_biggrin.gif

jjkarm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jjkarm Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 5:16am
post #4 of 5
QueenJessica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenJessica Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 5:15pm
post #5 of 5

I do everything like Justcakesbyviki, except I place molded pieces of fondant on top on the cake before I cover it in fondant to it looks more like a real hat. I have a pic in my photos. I got the tutorial from here on cakecentral.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%