Looking For A Certian Artist's Cookies...

Baking By littlecake Updated 14 Jul 2010 , 9:00pm by amastercreation

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 2:06am
post #1 of 8

i saw them a couple of years ago on flickr i think.

i can't remember her name....but she is sooo great!....the one i remember the most was a cookie that looked like a bakery window...with her peekin out of it...anyone know who this is?

TIA

7 replies
TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 12:15pm
post #2 of 8

That was Nancy of Nancy's Fancy Cookies. She removed her work from public viewing on the internet. Her work is truly phenomenal.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 2:05am
post #3 of 8

wow thanks for responding,,,i've been looking for 2 days.....why did she rimove them? to much copying?

i just liked looking at her composition ....too bad.

TracyLH Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 10:36am
post #4 of 8

I am not going to speak for her as to the exact reason as to why she removed them, but I do know that the copying and derivative works done of her designs without prior permission were not appreciated. It was done very, very frequently. She is an incredibly talented and accomplished graphic designer with years of study going into her craft. Her work is part of her portfolio and is protected by copyright. I know of others who do not wish to have their designs copied or similar versions done without prior permission and have taken the same step. It is a shame not to be able to see her work. I have never seen a cookie artist like her. It was a joy to see her work, her attention to detail and her phenomenal designs. My hope is that she is going to come out with a book someday so we can see her gorgeous work in print. Her level of talent is truly an inspiration.

babypooh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babypooh Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 7:24pm
post #5 of 8

Im new to this site, so it is unfortunate that we were not able to see her cookies, and by looking at your cookies TracyLH if you say they were magnificient, I have no doubt they were. I was thinking, since I love to collect books, could this site persuade her to into possibly doing a book... wouldn't she do a lot for herself and career by doing a book, and possibly teaching classes? It was just a thought. Or is she teaching classes?

TracyLH Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 12:21pm
post #6 of 8

Oh, her work is jaw dropping - literally. She combines an incredible talent as an illustrator with an amazing ability to translate it to pastry arts. When/if she does a book, be it a coffee table book showcasing her work, a how-to book or if she teaches classes, I am certain that the word will spread like wildfire. She has a huge legion of fans.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 8:47pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLH

Oh, her work is jaw dropping - literally. She combines an incredible talent as an illustrator with an amazing ability to translate it to pastry arts. When/if she does a book, be it a coffee table book showcasing her work, a how-to book or if she teaches classes, I am certain that the word will spread like wildfire. She has a huge legion of fans.

oh yes - she is an absolutely amazing artist!!

amastercreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amastercreation Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 9:00pm
post #8 of 8

I, too, miss Nancy's work. I'm such a big fan of hers. Her details and creativity was truly inspiring!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%