Looking For Older Threads/advice Shipping Overseas

Decorating By JaeRodriguez Updated 12 Jul 2010 , 1:33pm by JaeRodriguez

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 6:36pm
post #1 of 10

Hi all! I know there have been threads in the past that talked about shipping overseas, I mainly am looking for the ones that talk about cupcakes in a jar, I've found plenty online about cookies. I searched on CC and google site:cakecentral and didn't get anything!

I have read that if you're going to do a cake to send canned icing with it, but I am wondering if there is a way to do homemade icing, I think I remember the jarred cupcakes had icing on them.

Heat wont be an issue when I send anything btw. Thanks for any advice you may have!

9 replies
crzchef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crzchef Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 7:28pm
post #2 of 10

I was reading a thread a couple months ago on the Cupcake Activist page
This is the link

http://www.cupcakeactivist.com/2010/05/shipping-cupcakes-by-yummy-cupcakes.

I ship mine all the time and I use small mason jars I do layer cakes ones and ones with a whole cupcake decorated and all . I use BC icing and the make it with no issues my icing is made with all Alpine Shortening so it holds up well during the summer months

JaeRodriguez Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 11:00pm
post #3 of 10

crzchef, I imagine I'd need to use an all shortening BC that my regular all butter one is not a good idea? Do you ship overseas or do you just do in State?

JaeRodriguez Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 9:27pm
post #4 of 10

Does anyone else know if a shortening based buttercream would be better to ship?

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 9:47pm
post #5 of 10

How long does it take mail to get there?

rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 9:51pm
post #6 of 10

I would also ask where you were shipping to as some countries don't allow food to be shipped without a lot of paperwork.

tiggy2 Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 9:53pm
post #7 of 10

I'm guessing it's going to an APO address so it should be fine since it's military.

JaeRodriguez Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 1:49am
post #8 of 10

Yes tiggy it is, and I think it's gonna take at the very least 14 days to get there... possibly and probably more.

tiggy2 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 1:09pm
post #9 of 10

I would be concerned about mold, the jar will hold in moisture. You'd be better off sending cookies.

JaeRodriguez Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 1:33pm
post #10 of 10

I was thinking that too but I swear in one of the topic's that used to be on here people were talking about baking in the jar and it seals itself or something, I just can't seem to find the thread! icon_razz.gif

I guess cookies are the way to go!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%