Tips For Baking A 12" *original* Wasc

Baking By AnnieCahill Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 6:36pm by AnnieCahill

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 2:09pm
post #1 of 4

I am making a 12" WASC (kakeladi's version) this weekend. I was wondering if you could give me some advice.

What is the best temperature? I usually use 325. Also, how long do you guys usually bake this size?

Should I use a flower nail and bake even strips? I don't have the bake even strips but I have a 50% off coupon for Michael's so I can run out if necessary.

Thanks for your help!

Annie

3 replies
Kibosh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kibosh Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 2:22pm
post #2 of 4

I have used both the flower nail and bake even strips on the one I did.
Also, I baked mine at 325 with no issues. As for the time, I honestly cant remember but I think I started somewhere around 50 mins, then just kept adding from that. For some reason I don't always get consistant results.
I baked a 10" choco wasc last night and it me close to 1.5hrs!! luckily visually it looks great but i have yet to torte it...that will be the true test.

Perhaps other posters will know the correct time.
Good luck!! icon_biggrin.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 4

I bake the 12" quite often. I don't use a flower nail or bake even strips. I bake at 325 until it's done. I never time anything. Usually I can smell when it's getting close to being done. I check for "doneness" with a toothpick. Nothing wrong with using the nail or strips I just don't have any issues NOT using them with the 12" pan so I don't. I use the original WASC recipe as well. thumbs_up.gif

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 6:36pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much for your help. I never received notice that anyone had replied to this topic, so sorry for not checking back sooner.

I'm going to bake it Sunday and freeze for next weekend.

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%