Will This Recipe Work As Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting?

Baking By Hollandy Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 10:01pm by stlcakelady

Hollandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollandy Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 7:31am
post #1 of 4

Wilton has a cupcake filling that calls for:

Ingredients:
1 pkg (8 ounces) cream cheese softened
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup milk

Do you think I could use that as a frosting for underneath my fondant as well as the filling?

I would have to at least double or triple the recipe. Also, cream cheese here seems to be much softer than in the US, do you have any suggestions as to increasing ______ to make up for the softenss of the creamcheese? Or maybe doing a creamcheese/butter combo and making this a cinnamon cream cheese buttercream?

3 replies
mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 7:37am
post #2 of 4

I don't think this recipe will work under fondant. This recipe will be "soft" since it has so much cream cheese compared to the amount of sugar. Edna has a great Crusting Cream Cheese Icing recipe that can be used under fondant. You can find it at design me a cake dot com. (. instead of dot of course) but I really don't think the one that you posted will be suitable for an icing especially under fondant.

Hollandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollandy Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 4

thank you for your input! I will check out the recipe you suggested.

stlcakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlcakelady Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 10:01pm
post #4 of 4

I fill with cream cheese icing all the time. I use 1 8 oz. pkg, 2 sticks butter, 1 bag pow. sug, little salt and flavoring. I don't thin it out any. Then I dam the cake with thickened buttercream (make it really thick with cake scraps) then put the cream cheese icing in. Yumm.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%